Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watch that Guantanemo thingy on channel 4?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Uncle Spielberg said:
I wonder how Al Queda general's would treat American's in a prison camp ???

STOP THE PRESS - NSC ANOTHER EXCUSE TO BASH THE YANKS SHOCK.

The difference being Al Queda is a terrorist group. The United States of America is supposed to be the land of the free, the most developed, affluent and rational place on Earth.

If ANYONE thinks the treatment of prisoners in Guantanamo is justifiable (10 convictions out of 4/5 hundred) then they are clearly mentally unstable.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brixtaan said:
Amazing that the muslim world is up in arms over a cartoon,marching in streets,condemnation from Arab states etc.But do we hear anything from these rotten countries when the bombings take place? shouldn't all arab/muslim countries be public in their disapproval? (or is it that secretly they fund these outrages?)
Silence when these things take place next door but outrage when a tiny incident in Denmark takes place.Double standards surprise surprise.

Very true. I don't know enough about who condemned the atrocities in London etc. and indeed the daily bombings in Iraq. The blame seems to be shifted onto the 'Allied' Forces.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Has it occured to any of the lefties on here that some of the people in Guantanamo just might be guilty ???

I am not a lefty, but it might look like that I am presuming them to be innocent. My point is a case should be made, they should be tried and then punished accordingly. Our foreign office spend a lot of time protesting on behalf of British stuck in limbo, rotting away in foreign jails without trial. The Americans deplore countries such as China for their Human Rights program - despite now sucking up to them, as they are the next world's super power.

The US have a legal system, so why not use it. If they are guilty then lock them up, but release the innocent. The trouble is, the 'innocent' that perhaps haven't been involved in anything, thus far, will more than likely have a deep running hatred for the west. This is a huge political cockup.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Uncle Spielberg said:
Has it occured to any of the lefties on here that some of the people in Guantanamo just might be guilty ???

ps

so for the guilty few we allow countless innocent people to be beaten to near-death, tortued, kept in rabbit hutches, blindfolded and gagged, humiliated etc?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
ps

so for the guilty few we allow countless innocent people to be beaten to near-death, tortued, kept in rabbit hutches, blindfolded and gagged, humiliated etc?

guilty few?

How do you know how many innocents were there? Most were picked up armed in a war zone.

holiday? Yea I'd be as dumb as some of you to swallow that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on Looney, most of these angry young bearded men we bird spotting in the Afghan desert surely, the fact they had a Kalashnikov on their back is neither here not there.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
When I was at Brunel uni most were Pakistani origin youths of to Afghanistan to do "social work"on their economic work placements.

Its as if they were all coached what to put on there applications.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
looney said:
guilty few?

How do you know how many innocents were there? Most were picked up armed in a war zone.

holiday? Yea I'd be as dumb as some of you to swallow that.

We know this because 100s have been released as INNOCENT. Thats how.

You can't just makes thing up mate.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Guantanemo is far away enough for me not to give a shit.

Out of sight, out of mind, that's how I look at it.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Guantanemo is far away enough for me not to give a shit.

Out of sight, out of mind, that's how I look at it.
Amen brother.....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this board is ridiculous on these type of issues sometimes. They kidknapp plainly innocent people and cut heads off . . . not much said. Something like this which is highly debatable and it's time to bash the americans and all things blair etc.

I say treat them like animals , no smoke without fire. If proved otherwise then bung them some money as compensation. This is life, it aint made of frikin chocolate and everything is fluffy. You have to fight fire with fire sometimes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We know this because 100s have been released as INNOCENT. Thats how.

You can't just makes thing up mate.

100s? Tried and cleared? Proove you didn't make this up, link.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
looney said:
100s? Tried and cleared? Proove you didn't make this up, link.

:shootself

"Statistics

On September 22, 2004 ten prisoners were brought from Afghanistan. A total of 242 detainees had been moved out of Guantánamo as of July 20, 2005, including 173 that were released"

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay

"Not a single detainee at Guantanamo has been "proven"to be a terrorist, since none of them have gone to trial. In fact, several hundred of the detainees at Guantanamo have been sent home after two years of imprisonment because it was determined they were NOT connected to Al Qaeda or the Taliban."

From an informative site http://guantanamobile.org- great for 'looney lefties'

I will provide you MANY more if you'd like but am not prepared to clog up NSC or bore everyone else with it- PM me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dougal said:
this board is ridiculous on these type of issues sometimes. They kidknapp plainly innocent people and cut heads off . . . not much said. Something like this which is highly debatable and it's time to bash the americans and all things blair etc.

I say treat them like animals , no smoke without fire. If proved otherwise then bung them some money as compensation. This is life, it aint made of frikin chocolate and everything is fluffy. You have to fight fire with fire sometimes.

Good point but as America seems to think they occupy the moral high ground why not try these people ? Guilty they may be but why not convince the rest of the world by putting them before a court ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:shootself

"Statistics

On September 22, 2004 ten prisoners were brought from Afghanistan. A total of 242 detainees had been moved out of Guantánamo as of July 20, 2005, including 173 that were released"

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay

"Not a single detainee at Guantanamo has been "proven"to be a terrorist, since none of them have gone to trial. In fact, several hundred of the detainees at Guantanamo have been sent home after two years of imprisonment because it was determined they were NOT connected to Al Qaeda or the Taliban."

From an informative site http://guantanamobile.org- great for 'looney lefties'

I will provide you MANY more if you'd like but am not prepared to clog up NSC or bore everyone else with it- PM me.

1. I dont acept wikipedia as a credible source seeing anyone can edit it .
Or leftwing sites as impartial.
still giving the dubious info theres still no mention of trials and aquittals in fact some nationals released are considered highly dangerous.

Still its less than 10% hardly a major misscarrage of justice.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
fundamentally, whether guilty or not, the USA are showing an image of double standards by ignoring the human rights issue.
I would also like to point out that just because the tipton 4 have not been charged with anything in this country, does not mean they are not guilty of being terrorists, you can know someone is guilty, but proving it in a court of law is another thing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" this board is ridiculous on these type of issues sometimes. They kidknapp plainly innocent people and cut heads off . . . not much said. Something like this which is highly debatable and it's time to bash the americans and all things blair etc.

I say treat them like animals , no smoke without fire. If proved otherwise then bung them some money as compensation. This is life, it aint made of frikin chocolate and everything is fluffy. You have to fight fire with fire sometimes. "

Nail Head.

I must admit I have not lost too much sleep over it.

Guilty of what? Fighting in a war? It's not a crime, you know.

And besides, "guilt" or "innocence" is entirely irrelevant. You can't go around claiming the moral high ground as a state, arguing that you are fighting for freedom, saying that you have the right to wage war on a country because you think its government is an abuser of human rights, and then just lock people up in appalling conditions and refuse them due process of law.

Guantanamo Bay is the proof that all of the USA's governemnt's rhetoric about freedom and human rights is nothing more than that - rhetoric.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
looney said:
1. I dont acept wikipedia as a credible source seeing anyone can edit it .
Or leftwing sites as impartial.
still giving the dubious info theres still no mention of trials and aquittals in fact some nationals released are considered highly dangerous.

Still its less than 10% hardly a major misscarrage of justice.

Brainiac- your paranoia is worrying.

There were NO trials because there was nothing the prisoners could be tried with!

They were released.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Would rather be in a US camp being 'processed' than in Taliban hands as a Western hostage.

Ok the US methods are kin harsh and may take years, but you only have to worry if you run with the wolves (or even near the wolves).

All those images of the lads day dreaming about their 'British' lives in Tipton only served to underline how stupid/naive they were to go out to areas where other Western 'fighters' were massing/training for Jihad. That's assuming that wasn't the very thing they went out there for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here