Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watch that Guantanemo thingy on channel 4?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The methods are not "harsh", and certainly do not include many of the methods that some people on here believe are in use! If you believe everything that the media chucks out then you are only fooling yourself. Yes, I have first hand experience of the methods used in the UK and the US, and a lot of what these guys come out with is media-inspired (and lawyer-inspired) crap.

At the end of the day, you have to stop applying Western rationalisation to this problem. Whilst you wring your hands and wail at the poor treatment you give their fighters, they laugh at you for being weak! We can never descend totally to their level, as it would make us as animalistic as them, but you have to be prepared to accept that there will be times that the only way to gain their respect, or to give them the appropriate message, is to show them that you are willing to match their tactics. They know that we fight we our hands tied behind our backs, and a slavish desire to believe that we are wronging these people and that ultimately it must all be our fault. Until we get over that way of thinking, we are never going to provide a credible defence.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
HampshireSeagulls said:
The methods are not "harsh", and certainly do not include many of the methods that some people on here believe are in use! If you believe everything that the media chucks out then you are only fooling yourself. Yes, I have first hand experience of the methods used in the UK and the US, and a lot of what these guys come out with is media-inspired (and lawyer-inspired) crap.

At the end of the day, you have to stop applying Western rationalisation to this problem. Whilst you wring your hands and wail at the poor treatment you give their fighters, they laugh at you for being weak! We can never descend totally to their level, as it would make us as animalistic as them, but you have to be prepared to accept that there will be times that the only way to gain their respect, or to give them the appropriate message, is to show them that you are willing to match their tactics. They know that we fight we our hands tied behind our backs, and a slavish desire to believe that we are wronging these people and that ultimately it must all be our fault. Until we get over that way of thinking, we are never going to provide a credible defence.
I totaly agree, if you could ask Ken Bagley what he thought of his treatment

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Dougal said:
this board is ridiculous on these type of issues sometimes. They kidknapp plainly innocent people and cut heads off . . . not much said. Something like this which is highly debatable and it's time to bash the americans and all things blair etc.

I say treat them like animals , no smoke without fire. If proved otherwise then bung them some money as compensation. This is life, it aint made of frikin chocolate and everything is fluffy. You have to fight fire with fire sometimes.

Sorry, but what exactly needs to be said about te kidnapping and beheading of innocent people by terrorists. We all agree that it is a horrendous crime and the perpetrtors should be hunted down.

Guantanamo is a different issue.Here is a government that styles itself the leader of the free world which has unilaterally decided to ignore international law and set up a concentration camp.
It is our duty in a democratic society to question the actions of those that profess to act for us.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:

Here is a government that styles itself the leader of the free world

Really where did you churn that one up? Most yanks I know beleive they are a nation at war.

which has unilaterally decided to ignore international law and set up a concentration camp.

Do they were SS Uniforms as well?:lolol:

It is our duty in a democratic society to question the actions of those that profess to act for us.

No its a our duty to support our nation when it is at war especially our troops. It is also our duty to question those who oppose us.

You could say a duty to behave responsibility.

" Mohammed reads Voroshilovs post about Concentration camps. Mohammed becomes enraged an thinks the Americans are Nazis. Mohammed goes and joins a cell and blows himself up on Oxford Street."

Do you really think the yanks are Nazis? Honestly, I personally think you are a f***ing kook. Someone people smile at and nod when they speak but really feel sorry for and are pleased they have moved on to anoy someone else with there crazed thinking.

E

enigma

looney said:
Honestly, I personally think you are a f***ing kook. Someone people smile at and nod when they speak but really feel sorry for and are pleased they have moved on to anoy someone else with there crazed thinking.

:lol: The irony!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here