Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone thing poyet is signing players for the short term.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Is it my imagination or is every member with 'Rev' in their user name a f***ing idiot.

:lol:

My cornflakes just came out of my nose....

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Last nights activity reminded me of a drunken old gunsligner walking into a bar in the old wild west. Bang,bang,bang, bang he goes, shoots his load off everywhere, hits a few targets, some good ones and one who got in the way. But ultimately he missed who he was looking for and now he maybe out of bullets.

Ronaldo and Messi ducked :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Players peak later in their careers, it's the same with birds in the sack, it's all very well being young and spritely, but a bit of experience and know how work wonders.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes yes I am, I would have been satisfied if we had got what we all know we were after, simples...Quite where Hammond gets into the team christ knows and if Barnes the undroppable keeps his shirts christ knows where a few others slot in as well. One must assume when fit Crofts/Buckley/Vicente/Lopez and Bridcutt are all starters so thats the midfield and Dobbie up front. That could work but we all know its not going to be that way.

Hammond has clearly not been brought in to be automatic first choice but players will get injured. He provides solid cover for Crofts and Bridcutt and will be a useful signing at this level.

I would ideally have liked a target man too but have been hoping that we would go for Dobbie as he looked great for Blackpool in the couple of games I saw of them last season. Also, in the first two games of the season, it wasn't a target man we lacked but someone who could score. We have created the most chances in the league so far this season so maybe Gus changed his mind and realised height wasn't the issue, just that we needed someone to score.

I can't remember the last time we were so active on transfer deadline day and yet there are still some people moaning. Why not wait and see how the new signings do first or is that too much to ask?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Looks like he is trying to make an impact quickly then bugger off and leave us with an old side???

Yes, I think he has tried to build a team to get promotion THIS YEAR. However, I do not think that, if he does, he will be planning to go anywhere in the short term.

All teams need a blend of ages, we needed older, more experienced players, as we have not been able to get and then keep, any quality over recent decades.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think time will tell,can't see what the poyet legacy will be?

You are a dimwit.

The legacy will be the style of football that the team (i.e. different players) will be playing in 5 years time. It's been introduced in the youth and development teams and will gradually become the way that Brighton play.

We're still on the journey, the foundations are being laid, not the finished article.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Amazing!

It happened to me too (and I hadn't been eating cornflakes......)

Surely if they aren't the same poster then they must be related by birth?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Amazing!

It happened to me too (and I hadn't been eating cornflakes......)

Surely if they aren't the same poster then they must be related by birth?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hammond has clearly not been brought in to be automatic first choice but players will get injured. He provides solid cover for Crofts and Bridcutt and will be a useful signing at this level.

I would ideally have liked a target man too but have been hoping that we would go for Dobbie as he looked great for Blackpool in the couple of games I saw of them last season. Also, in the first two games of the season, it wasn't a target man we lacked but someone who could score. We have created the most chances in the league so far this season so maybe Gus changed his mind and realised height wasn't the issue, just that we needed someone to score.

I can't remember the last time we were so active on transfer deadline day and yet there are still some people moaning. Why not wait and see how the new signings do first or is that too much to ask?

I really think people get the wrong end of the stick with my views. I think Dobbie is a great signing, as is Lopez(wonder if anyone thinks he has signed for ten grand a week fresh from Madrid), don't really get the Hammond thing and I fear the squad is overloaded in midfield again, although the quality has improved somewhat. One more striker would have been nice instead of another midfielder.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Rats! If only we had some sort of a squad and youth system designed to slowly bring developing players through into the style we play so that it becomes first nature to them when they mature into a more solid professional stage of their lives. I'll write to Gus enragedly and suggest something like that happens. In the meantime, i'll just complain into thin air to grab attention with my spirit-souring ways, and pretend to hate the remarkable.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
I really think people get the wrong end of the stick with my views. I think Dobbie is a great signing, as is Lopez(wonder if anyone thinks he has signed for ten grand a week fresh from Madrid), don't really get the Hammond thing and I fear the squad is overloaded in midfield again, although the quality has improved somewhat. One more striker would have been nice instead of another midfielder.
Last year we lacked height and power in midfield hammond will bring us that, which is what we will need against some teams, that is when gus will use him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Fair enough. As I say, I probably would have agreed with you before Hull but it looks like we have changed our system a bit and are creating lots of chances. I think what we need is a goalscorer and Dobbie will hopefully provide that.

As for Hammond, I think people would be happy if we signed a player of Hammond's quality from anywhere else. He has obviously improved since leaving us and provides competition for Crofts and Bridcutt, which we did need with the back up.

If the Spanish players we already have are anything to go by, I am exciting to see Orlandi and especially Lopez!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like he is trying to make an impact quickly then bugger off and leave us with an old side???

you really love playing the tosser don't you.

I can't how lucky I feel this morning to be supporting a team that has finally closed the door on Sam Allardyce style tactics and pinned its flag to the mast of Barca-style free flowing tippy-tappy with players who are a blend of youth and experience able to understand it and to play it.

Hopefully there are not too many of the fans who will be unprepared to understand

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In terms of midfield it looks like (of those that played last season):

In: Crofts, Hammond, Orlandi, Lopez

Out: Noone, Navarro, Sparrow, Vincelot, Harley, JFC

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
you really love playing the tosser don't you.

I can't how lucky I feel this morning to be supporting a team that has finally closed the door on Sam Allardyce style tactics and pinned its flag to the mast of Barca-style free flowing tippy-tappy with players who are a blend of youth and experience able to understand it and to play it.

Hopefully there are not too many of the fans who will be unprepared to understand
While I agree with every word, I think the concern is just the age of the players and there worth to the club at the end of there contracts.
We have a fantastic academy and hopefully one which will rival Palace's very soon but will these young players get the opportunity when you can bring in the finished product so cheaply.
Can't wait to watch our tippy-tappy football but hopefully it will include some home produced players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here