Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone still in denial?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You really think he is going to say to the press that he is unhappy with the squad that TB has provided him with!!!

We are led to believe we missed out on some targets, Darwin, Brewster and who knows who else we might have been bidding for.
Yes. If he says something he doesnt believe then his credability goes. Why is that so hard to see. Why is it so hard to say im satisfied with the squad but our strikers are our weak link but i feel we can work on it. It is what we are all thinking. And saying we can work on the strikers means they can feel he hasnt given up on them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OP referencing Bill Archer, behave.

OP is having yet another short holiday from NSC but I'm completely stunned anyone on here takes him seriously. His bans are as much for being a one-trick wind up pony as what he's written (presumably after a day on the sauce).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes. If he says something he doesnt believe then his credability goes. Why is that so hard to see. Why is it so hard to say im satisfied with the squad but our strikers are our weak link but i feel we can work on it. It is what we are all thinking. And saying we can work on the strikers means they can feel he hasnt given up on them.

Its not hard, its just dumb.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
to be fair i don't care a lot if we go down or not ....Bloom is a lot closer to the fulcrum than any of us but **** me dead is is appalling getting bumped off in the last 5 minutes continuously , at the end of the day if we go down i think every player including ****ing well beck, trossard and the llama should be made to stay and put the hard yards in to get us back up again , i can only wonder what the morale is like in the rooms because we are so close to being a good/mid table side but we just seem to have too many catastrophic mistakes in the locker ........as a fan of 45 yrs this is an immensely frustrating time , my weekends are a mixture os euphoria and suicidal thoughts ....most recently in that order , i cant believe we are now level on points with Fulham , we were 7 point ahead of the ***** 3 weeks ago for **** sake , can only imagine what the players are feeling like , they really must be wondering what the **** they have to do to finish a game off and with the tinkering from the sidelines leaving us gobsmacked on numerous occasions i cant help wondering if TB wants to go down , cut the wage bill and consolidate .......i mean i wouldn't blame the bloke but to be a decent finisher away from mid table is a massive kick
in the clunge for everyone involved with the club and all supporters whether you have been following the Albion for 5 years or 55 ......rant over .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OP is having yet another short holiday from NSC but I'm completely stunned anyone on here takes him seriously. His bans are as much for being a one-trick wind up pony as what he's written (presumably after a day on the sauce).

Less frequent users don't know the ins and outs of everybody on here's posting habits

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Latest poll after 3rd defeat in a row has 13.9% Potter out. What’s yours ?

The percentage cited in the poll is a fact.

That 62.6% is a majority, is a fact ( that is the current percentage at the time of writing)

23.9% want him out, is a fact.

The word “vast” is a judgment, not a fact.

I would normally avoid using the term "vast majority" although I have probably said it somewhere before.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Its not hard, its just dumb.

That is not dumb. For some people it can be very motivational to prove people wrong or to know your boss thinks your not there yet but with his help you can be.

Nicey nicey might be nice but it doesnt mean its always the best way.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The difference between staying up under CH and staying up (I think we will) under GP is simple. Under CH, we were playing sh*t, negative football and eventually we would have gone down. Under GP we are playing skillfull, entertaining football everywhere on the pitch except the 6yd box and eventually we will climb the table.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! WE DIDN'T PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE PL UNDER CH, WE JUST KICKED A BALL AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO STOP ANY FOOTBALL OCCURRING. AT LEAST WE HAVE MOVED ON FROM THAT.

Cut it anyway you like the table don’t lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Assume the same is true for Fulham?
Is that poor management too?

I think, like GP, SP is inexperienced, but SP has a lot of PL playing experience and is progressinging quickly as a manager..

I think we have a slightly better squad and more experience on the pitch at PL level ?

The impossible to quantify thing is player vs manager . . . I'm sure there are better managers than GP in the PL who could do a better job with our shower, having said that, GP would probably have done better with Liverpool this last few months!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Many posters blamed the tinkering for the run of bad form previously and claimed the settled squad was the solution.
That was clearly untrue as well.

In all honestly our previous top performers are either injured (Lamptey/Webster/March) or knackered (Bissouma/MacAllister)
Bissouma really hasn't had the same impact over the last 3 or 4 games that he was having earlier in the season. But he remains pretty much undroppable.
The problem is that tinkering in the next couple of games will get dogs abuse on here if it doesn't go right.

Not sure why MacAllister and Bissoma are knackered, they only play on a week, if we go down they will need to play three games in 7 days most weeks

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I personally think he could have done a job off the bench for us season.

Did he want to stay here on that basis ? Wasn't he after more game time ?
The job he did (mostly) off the bench in 19/20 was 1 goal in 23 appearances (at West Ham).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have him on ignore - which basically means (to me) that he talks a load of sh*te.

Less frequent users don't know the ins and outs of everybody on here's posting habits

and there lads , you have it , in a nutshell....ffs ....:shootself::mad:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not in anyway suggesting that it doesn't and, as I have already said, I think there are definite weaknesses that *might* cost us.

However, a return to "pragmatic" survival is not something I would welcome. It was sh*t to watch.

To be fair, that last 8-10 games of CH Tenure wasn't pragmatic survival, it was abhorrent capitulation. we only stayed up becuase we got very lucky indeed. . . This season is panning out the same, but with silver foil covering up the shit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That is not dumb. For some people it can be very motivational to prove people wrong or to know your boss thinks your not there yet but with his help you can be.

Nicey nicey might be nice but it doesnt mean its always the best way.

Publicly talking about that a few players being your "weak link" is rarely going to do any good. Sure a small number of people would find it more motivating than confidence-busting but in general its very rarely working out, and I dont think the issue with the strikers is "motivation".

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Did he want to stay here on that basis ? Wasn't he after more game time ?
The job he did (mostly) off the bench in 19/20 was 1 goal in 23 appearances (at West Ham).

Thats a fair point, he might not have wanted to stay and do that role. But I think his stats 1 goal in 23 last year are because we were still relying on the forwards being pacey. This season has seen a change in that we're getting chances in the box.

I remember us all talking about last year how we were keeping possession but the link between the midfield and the forwards was missing, hence the reliance on speedy forwards. But this year that gap has been plugged, we've found a way to link to the midfield and attack, and we're getting into the box a lot better than we did last year. That's why I think Murray would have scored some this year. But it is obviously a moot point now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I dont think the issue with the strikers is "motivation".

I agree. I believe we have what is formally described on the UEFA Pro Licence coaching course as an inverse "cow's arse / banjo" situation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair, that last 8-10 games of CH Tenure wasn't pragmatic survival, it was abhorrent capitulation. we only stayed up becuase we got very lucky indeed. . . This season is panning out the same, but with silver foil covering up the shit.

We had some luck but actually in the end stayed up due to two dogged, backs against the wall performances v Wolves and Arsenal and a decent point v Newcastle. We deserved also to get a point from Spurs. After the dreadful defeats v Cardiff, Saints and Bournemouth.
If our season really is similar to 18/19 then we will win our next 2 games (as Matchday 27 and 28 were the wins v Hudds and Palace).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here