Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know any Albion players personally?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hungry Joe said:
So Dean Blackwell hangs out in men's toilets then eh?

It seems so. Do you use the Ladies then?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Malcolm Stewart used to play in the same cricket team as me.

I've played in various Southern Sound charity footy friendlies with: Chris Catlin, Danny Wilson, Kieran O'Reagan, Terry Connor and once against Andy Rollins, Peter Sullivan (England Old Boys)

Mike Yaxley used to fix my dodgy ankles on a Saturday morning before a match.

Gerry Ryan's pulled me a few pints in the Witch at Lindfield.

Had a beer with Gary O'Reilly once.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Met Fozzie and Michael Robinson in the Ship at East Grinstead once. Probably made a prat of myself as I was pissed!

See quite a few of them at Albion matches (if they can be bothered to turn up)!!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
oh yeah, also met Lawro and Teddy Maybank at Brisbane Rd once. Not quite the same as knowing them though!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my mate sued to live next to micky adams when he was brighton manager - micky gave him loads of training kit, and used to pay him to look after the house when they went away

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I went to infants school with Ross Johnson. Used to mark Darren Freeman in school training games at senior school.

Malcolm Stuart used to live near where I worked and managed to get me a ticket for the last ever game at the Goldstone.

Once saved a header from Steve Penny when he and Martin Keown came to my junior school to train us.

I also met Stuart Storer 3 days before the Hereford game and congratulated him on his goal against Doncaster. Very nice bloke.

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Gluteus Maximus said:

P.S. Rowdey, I never forgive Bevendean Barcelona and Dick Whittington for denying Saltdean Tigers the under 10's double.

I take it from this that you were in the u10 team playing against us in 79/80 then..?!
Do recall a bit of anomosity between the two teams...
Seem to remember Tigers home pitches were all sloped, 1 worse than the other mind.
Still at least you had a changing room/portacabin...we had to get changed in parents cars on the road side..!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Went to primary/secondary school with Adam El-Abd.

Once went to a party with the Mayos.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
ShorehamGull said:
I went to school with Adam Virgo's brother James Virgo, good footballer and a fast runner from what I remember

Shoreham Gull, were you at Ardingly College? If so, what years from and to? I was there from 1983 to 1987.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bob Booker offered me a lift in his taxi once, unfortunately the pub was only round the corner.

Spent an hour with Dan Harding today - Roz was taking pictures of people at the Albion Collectors' Fair who wanted to stand next to Dan and the Play-Off trophy.

I'm not one to share private conversations with the world, but he did come out with one gem that deserves wider circulation.

He was asked why he doesn't appear semi-naked in the set of Christmas cards that the players posed for. His excuse was the best I've ever heard ...

"I was in Azerbaijan at the time".

Top lad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here