Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know any Albion players personally?

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
my uncle is best m8s with simon rodger.........the big downfall is that my uncle is a dirty palace

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
I once told Simon Rodger who was marking me in an under 18's cup final (Whitehawk vs. The Albion) - "you'll be playing in the County League next year" after he grabbed his Seagulls badge, shoved it in my face and said "see this - pro club..." after he'd trod on my toes.
I also predicted Kerry to win today and Michelle to come second in Pop Idol.

P.S. Rowdey, I never forgive Bevendean Barcelona and Dick Whittington for denying Saltdean Tigers the under 10's double.

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
I used to go to school with Adam El Abd and Garry Elphick, plus I see Dean Hammond in the Event all the time with some younger players.

All very nice lads

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I played cricket in the junior Sussex leagues a few times against someone with the surname El-Abd. I'm assuming this was a relation.

I saw Albert Jarrett and Dan Harding in the pub a few weeks ago.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Strummer8 said:
Don't know any Albion players, but the closest cash machine to Ashton Gate is at the top of my road and I regularly walk past groups of city players withdrawing their win bonus's. I never get tired of singing "1- 0 to the Albion" and have even been known to go home and put on me BHA shirt for the full effect.
I like to think they see me as a friend.
Apart from that Bristol's a shit place to live.

:clap2:

Best I can come up with was a 5 minute chat with Kerry Mayo, outside the Event II at 2am in the morning, when asked about what he thought of the then recently appointed Mark McGhee, all he would say was "Mark McGheeeeee" in a stupidly high-pitched voice.

:jester: :lolol:

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
John Robinson and Danny Cullip

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Bromley was landlord of the pub across the road from me when I was student in Portsmouth in the early 80s. A really rough dive in Fratton. I would drunkenly reminisce with him about the 71/72 promotion season in the queue at the local Chinese takeaway. I think he appreciated it.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
I worked with ex palace legend David Payne for about a year.
At the time nobody knew who he was. We only found out after he left when some of their fans sent in pictures for him to be signed. Top bloke considering who he supports/played for. And a bit suprising he didn't tell anyone who he was.
Also suprising that he's one of ten or so palace legends on their official website playing over 250 games but still needed a £13k a year job.:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
J Livingstone Seagull said:
I had a slash next to Dean Blackwell in the motorway service station toilets en route to the Play-Off Final:lolol:

My husband did the same at the Millenium stadium at half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here