Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone hope we LOSE to Huddersfield next week?

albionite

May 20, 2009
We also should not be caring what kind of respect we need to give to Southampton. The season is over for us now and we need to start looking at next season already. So wouldn't be surprised to see some fringe players given a chance.

Just because we played a full team against Saints, has no relevance on what we do for the remaining games. This is upto Gus and no one else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We also should not be caring what kind of respect we need to give to Southampton. The season is over for us now and we need to start looking at next season already. So wouldn't be surprised to see some fringe players given a chance.

Just because we played a full team against Saints, has no relevance on what we do for the remaining games. This is upto Gus and no one else.

Of course it is, but if the boot was on the other foot would you feel quite so philosophical. As I say it's more about showing a bit of class imo.

albionite

May 20, 2009
If I was a Saints fan then yes I would be pissed off. But this part of the season is the so called funny season, where alot of teams will be changing players, taking their foot of the gas etc.
Anyway, fringe players against Huddersfield might not be so favourable to them as these players have got something to prove, where the other players are thinking about their summer hols already.

ArfieldGood

Dec 10, 2010
Huddersfield
Erm Me!!! Would be surprised if you put a weakened team out. 100 points still up for grabs, last game at Withdean, would think you'd go all out for it. We're just gonna have to do it through the play offs, as much as I hate them!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. You see I'm a Brighton fan and I want us to win every game we play. Strange I know but there you go. We had all this earlier on in the season where people were openly questioning if we wanted to win FA Cup games (Laughable as it seems now early in the season there were some thick-as-pigshit posters who thought a Cup run would automatically damage our chances of promotion).

We're actually in a win/win situation now, a bit like if Palace stay up or not. We're already champions and if Southampton get the second slot then great, we get two more matches next year against our local rivals. If they miss out then that's great too - we can all laugh at our local rivals. Either way I want us to end the Withdean era with a victory. Ideally Southampton will have already clinched promotion before the last day so it will just be a glorified friendly with Huddersfield not trying too hard in case they pick up injuries before the play-offs.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Can't we be fined for fielding an under-strength side, bearing in mind the relevance of the result ? Don't want Southampton to have more reason to moan ! On that subject, they caught us at the right time, might have been more damaging a few months earlier, showed our weakness in central defence, also a lot of the squad are already planning their holidays.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I dont think we'll see a full strength side again this season.

He going to want to play some fringe players. After his comments yesterday, I dont think the 100 pts target is much of an issue to Gus now.

The only thing about Huddersfield is their manager is an 'orrible little shit and a nasty piece of work.

Whereas Southampton is closer and their manager isn't that bad really. Just out of his depth, and becuase of this comes over as a bit of a dickhead!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No. Mainly because while ADkins may be a bit too Brent for his own good sometimes, I don't remember him making borderline xenophobic comments like Lee Clarke.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You would do just the same if it were Pompey in your position and you were already Champions, so don't tell us how 'pathetic' we are.

Er but Pompey are our rivals, you are not !! Anyway, our club would still go for it whoever we play. What a strange comparison.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously I will prefer a win, but I will not get anxious about it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I always want us to win every game. Even it meant say Palace staying up, I'd still want us to win.
Southampton? Don't care.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
No. Losing yesterday makes me realise just how greedy for success I have become. I want that win. It feels so good.

Wouldn't mind if we got to see Caskey and Adgestein though.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
No. Mainly because while ADkins may be a bit too Brent for his own good sometimes, I don't remember him making borderline xenophobic comments like Lee Clarke.

I'll ask you again...what did Clark say? Something very similar to the below?

"They will try and jump up and down but that might just be the foreign mentality and they tried to get Morgan Schneiderlin booked at our place by doing just that. They have done it all season and plenty of managers have complained about it but you just have to get on with it, that's life." - Adkins.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Any supposed Brighton fan who would like their team to lose next week is very bizarre in my book. Surely you want your team to win EVERY game? 100 points is a really good achievement for the season and as you don't care about us, why should you be hoping for anything other than a resounding victory to bid farewell to that atrocious ground?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What a pathetic bunch of individuals some of you are.

What you forget is that we just need to win one of Brentford OR Plymouth. So basically you could see Withdean out on a complete low and Saints still go up.

I remember Poyet as a player being a whinging loudmouth. Wonder if he carries that childish attitude on into management.

Childish attitude of being the best manager in the division?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You f***ing idiots call yourself football fans .Of course we want the dirty Scummers to get promoted with us Derby days are brilliant.Dont forget if Plymouth go bust for 18 million we lose 6 points , the Scummers don`t

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone seen that Brighton/Saints thread on the DATM forum? With the amount if vitriol and homophobic bile being directed your way I am surprised this Brighton/Hudds love-in is still persisting.

They're from Yorkshire, still living in the dark ages and homophobic bile comes as second nature to them. I don't particularly like your club (never have so it's not an Adkins thing) but I don't want to see Huddersfield promoted. They are a horrible set of fans and choking in the first part of the playoffs after winning the first game would be perfect.

Forgot to add that I never want to see The Albion lose and certainly not in the last game at Withdean and definitely not to f***ing Huddersfield.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Er but Pompey are our rivals, you are not !! Anyway, our club would still go for it whoever we play. What a strange comparison.

Tottenham 0-0? Didn't exactly go for it then did you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here