Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone hope we LOSE to Huddersfield next week?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f*** OFF

Why would I want my team to lose. If it would send palace down then I'd consider it but this is southampton, historically nothing to us. Some people need to grow a brain and stop this internet rivalry gayness

Oct 25, 2003
nah, i'd prefer to see us atleast give it a go

it'd be nice to see the likes of hart.......and possibly dunk, forster-caskey and adgestein.........oh, and that kasim guy, is he still with us?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I thought us losing to Huddersfield would scupper SCC promotion then I may think the pain of losing the last ever game at the dump that is Withdean may be worth it but I can't see SCC screwing up from this position.

Yesterday was disappointing on two counts. Firstly, we didn't seem to compete and look jaded, well below our usual standard, and secondly, the loss played right into the hands of that smug git Adkins. A man who doesn't understand the word gracious.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Not at all - the 100 points is still a real possibility and at the end of the day it's records like that which will live long in the memory, not how many players were in the league 1 team of the year etc.

Saints deserve to go up - they did a job on us yesterday - and a trip along the M27 will be far preferable to a trip up to Yorkshire

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nope. Never want to see us lose. Although if Saints slip up on Monday, I wouldn't be gutted to see some of our squad get a run-out and try their hardest :)

Don't forget though that the match at Huddersfield came to a very acrimonious end and, while the fans may not be so hyped up, I think the players will be very keen to set the record straight.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
People seem to be forgetting that Huddersfield are the only team that can still do the double over us and I for one do not want that to happen...Plus we are getting the trophy after the game so it will be a bit of a downer to do that after a defeat and of course, it is our last ever game at Withdean.

After all it is just Southampton who are pretty insignificant and mean nothing, now if it was Palace in this situation then that would be a different matter entirely...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
...and Oatway, Taricco and Poyet are so gracious aren't they - rose tinted spectacles drew ;-)

They are far more gracious than your manager. Adkins is a joke. He, and your players, have been going on about all the different reasons we have been champions (e.g. ballboys disappearing at home games, our players so called antics etc) and occasionally mentioning we might have been the best team this season. That is not gracious. I am pretty certain that Gus, were positions reversed, would have congratulated Saints and not gone on about all thos things. You may call it rose tinted spectacles but Gus and co are clearly a class above Adkins.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
What a pathetic bunch of individuals some of you are.

What you forget is that we just need to win one of Brentford OR Plymouth. So basically you could see Withdean out on a complete low and Saints still go up.

I remember Poyet as a player being a whinging loudmouth. Wonder if he carries that childish attitude on into management.

They'll be out for doing the double on you.

And seeing Withdean out on a low. What, as champions? :lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I care about one team and one team only :ascarf:

About time to put this 'rivalry' to bed now IMHO. It's all well and good raising your game for your cup final against the best team in the league (as every team has done for SEVEN months) but what happened for the rest of the season :shrug:

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
They are far more gracious than your manager. Adkins is a joke. He, and your players, have been going on about all the different reasons we have been champions (e.g. ballboys disappearing at home games, our players so called antics etc) and occasionally mentioning we might have been the best team this season. That is not gracious. I am pretty certain that Gus, were positions reversed, would have congratulated Saints and not gone on about all thos things. You may call it rose tinted spectacles but Gus and co are clearly a class above Adkins.
He didn't sound very gracious and congratulatory in his post match interview did he? I am not going to argue with you, it is pointless. You (not literally you, but people in general) hear what you want to hear and filter out the rest. Adkins = -ve, Poyet = +ve unless you are a Saints fan and the polarity is reversed. The truth of the matter is that they both say things they think will help their team, and the opposition won't thank them for it. There are some BHA fans on here who rise above it and see it for what it is - there are others who prefer to keep their knickers in a twist.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
I care about one team and one team only :ascarf:

About time to put this 'rivalry' to bed now IMHO. It's all well and good raising your game for your cup final against the best team in the league (as every team has done for SEVEN months) but what happened for the rest of the season :shrug:
I like your style - put it to bed, then drag it straight out of bed again instantly. :)

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

What you forget is that we just need to win one of Brentford OR Plymouth. So basically you could see Withdean out on a complete low and Saints still go up.

I remember Poyet as a player being a whinging loudmouth. Wonder if he carries that childish attitude on into management.

Can't you just f*** off and use the southampton forum by any chance? x

Last edited:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

Boo hoo.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Give it a rest, you want to look a little closer to home for a pathetic manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually don't give a shit if we lose but having played a full strength team and tried to win against Southampton, it would be nothing short of petty and small minded to deliberately put out a weakened side to spite Southampton. I hope Gus has more class than that. Plenty of threads and comments have been made about Saints lack of class, and there has been a fair bit of truth in quite a lot of it. Let's not be hypocrites.

Gutted we lost yesterday, now looking forward to playing on an even financial and stadium footing with Saints next year and hopefully finishing above them again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here