Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone heard of a band called The Wedding Present?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
They did a song called "Our Daughters Wedding" (or it might be "Lawn Chairs") ~ 1980 - 81 around the time of Landscape.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the wedding present were a great band from the 80's, from leeds. they had a few good albums one called george best. my favorate song by them (which i recently put onto a compilation tape) has to be brassneck. check it out richie i think you may like it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cheers.

My mate was not the guy you posted above but is playing with them tonight and was asked to drum on their forthcoming tour.

Anyone who listened to it, what did you think? I thought they were pretty cool.

I will try that track out graz126

showpony

Sep 2, 2004
HH
Their 'leftovers' played at the pub opposite Hove station (whatever it was called at the time...) the evening of the abandoned York game at The Goldstone. A good night!!!!!!!!!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We actually won a music quiz once because my brother in law knew what the Wedding Present had in common with Elvis Presley.

They both released a single every month in one calendar year. :smokin:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I used to love the Wedding present back in the day. They did some cracking tunes, always think its a bad idea bands coming back together though.

Brassneck was a particular favorite tune of mine.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Superb band. Now David Gedge is the front man for Cinerama, who are even better.
I can't imagine the Wedding Present without Gedge in it.

Seagull Stew

If you like The Strokes, or The new Kings of Leon album you would probably have liked The Wedding Present in the 80's. Very similar guitar riffs in some songs.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Gedge has reformed The Wedding Present. They have a single "Interstate 5" out now, and an album and tour in the new year.

The original drummer is a guy called Shaun Charman from Hassocks who left to join The Popguns AND IS AN ALBION SEASON TICKET HOLDER.

http://www.westnet.com/weddoes/

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Saw them down the Zap Club around the time Brassneck was out, it waspacked to the rafters. great fun in the mosh pit.

Not been to many gigs recently but do they still do gigs at the Zap Club now? Is the Zap Club still going.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
They were in my Guinness book of records for having something like 9 #1 singles in one year which equalled a record set by Elvis. Don't think I've ever actually heard them though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here