Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone heard of a band called The Wedding Present?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
bhafc99 said:
Good calls. Notable that both George Best and HoL have cracking opening tracks – I can instantly hear the riff to Christine in my mind, even though I haven't played it for years.

I'd add Isn't Anything by My Bloody Valentine and Swagger by The Blue Aeroplanes into a Top Five Guitar Albums of that era.

Christine is unforgettable: "...still walking with me", loads of droning guitars, a magical sound that led me on to Ride,Slowdive,Chapterhouse etc.

Wedding Present were good for a hit or two .

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have a copy of the Wedding Present Ukranian Session on CD, it took me years to find a copy of it, trawling around used record shops, in fact for a while I doubted that it had ever been on CD until I saw it listed in a music catalogue. I tried to order it from a record shop in Edinburgh but they came up with a blank, finally good old Amazon delivered the goods about three years ago.

I rate it as one of the best CD's I have ever heard and it has become a bit of a prized posession, one of those things I would grab first if the house caught fire...

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
"Anyone heard of a band called the Wedding Present?"

I slap my forehead in disgust, tut-tut at the ignorance of you young whippersnappers and dust off my vinyl collection....

Richie check out a song called "My Favourite Dress" or the manic cover of "Come Up and See Me - Make Me Smile".

Saw them six or seven times during my time as a student in the mid-eighties - top entertainment.

For some reason, we used to gather in a pack in chant the name of 1970s Leeds footballers at them - "Johnny Giles, Johnny Giles, Johnny Giles" - in the break betweeen songs. They didn't seem to mind too much.

Excellent band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here