Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got any bloody hard football questions

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
great question

which towns do raith rovers,st mirren & albion rovers hail from?

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Raith Rovers play in Kirkcaldy and I know St Mirren are in Paisley. Albion Rovers...it'll come to me....are they the ones who play at Gayfield?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Raith Rovers play in Kirkcaldy and I know St Mirren are in Paisley. Albion Rovers...it'll come to me....are they the ones who play at Gayfield?

raith & st mirren correct

gayfield,arbroath?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wait, it's Arbroath who play at Gayfield. Which by elimination means Albion Rovers are in Coatbridge.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jermaine Defoe by Harry?

Nah, it's been guessed already, I thought everyone would have jumped on Junior Lewis! Not as quickly as Peter Taylor of course.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
great question

which towns do raith rovers,st mirren & albion rovers hail from?

Too late.

Anybody going to answer my Highbury question correctly? You need to think a bit less obvious...

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the 1973 cup final was played on a very wet & overcast day,so for the benefit of colour tv pictures the game was played with an orange ball

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Any more punts on the [now defunct] club side with the highest ground capacity in the history of the English Football League. First and second. Second is contentious (Maine Road and/or Stamford Bridge may well have at one point been bigger) but first is seemingly unequivocal.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Too late.

Anybody going to answer my Highbury question correctly? You need to think a bit less obvious...

He did score the last hat trick there though didn't he? Against West Ham I think. So I'm guessing they got a consolation goal but I really can't remember!

Edit: think I had a rush of blood to the head, and suddenly have a feeling I'm in a right twisty-mix-up lol!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Nah, it's been guessed already, I thought everyone would have jumped on Junior Lewis! Not as quickly as Peter Taylor of course.

According to wikipedia he played for Taylor at 6 clubs
Dover, Gillingham, Leicester, Brighton, hull & Stevenage

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Any more punts on the [now defunct] club side with the highest ground capacity in the history of the English Football League. First and second. Second is contentious (Maine Road and/or Stamford Bridge may well have at one point been bigger) but first is seemingly unequivocal.

White city,corinthians or something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here