Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got any bloody hard football questions

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ok I've cheated, and apparently it was in fact Thierry. Against Wigan (begins with W so I was close):

"Arsenal's final game at the stadium was their FA Premier League match on 7 May 2006 against Wigan Athletic, the last game of the season. The team needed to better the result of neighbours Tottenham Hotspur in order to again secure qualification for the Champions League. Having been 2-1 behind, a hat trick by captain and all-time leading goal scorer Thierry Henry secured qualification, with Henry kneeling down to kiss the turf on scoring what proved to be the final goal seen at the stadium."

No.

That place was called Arsenal Stadium, if that helps you think a little more laterally.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Is the correct answer! Thames AFC had a 120k capacity (only Wembley, 127k at one point, has had more). The total attendance from their two years in the league was less than the capacity. New Brighton [Tower] FC (Liverpool 'seaside') arguably second with 100k although Chelsea and Man City claim similar and I guess it's impossible to prove as none were filled...

Yay! I've got a vague recollection of reading about them in WSC or something similar. Good question though. If I ever find myself organising a football quiz, I'm coming straight to this thread first.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love this Highbury question. I might have to use that again. Though the answer will no doubt change every other week...

(that's another HEFTY clue)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I need to go to bed, work in the morning. So the last man to score a league goal at Highbury stadium was Andy Mangan, in the 90th minute, a week ago now.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Need some tough ones please people

Which famous person was pissing in the next urinal to me after the fa cup quarter final against Norwich 1983, in the east stand? I was 13 at the time and I asked him for an autograph. He said 'ang on son, let me shake this first' :)

A: Jimmy Greaves

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Which football club have appeard in four FA Cup finals but didn't win any?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Without looking.

Two teams, one in the Scottish one in the English League with the letters A,B,C,D and E, in their name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here