Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone get Michael Jackson tickets, then?

Make your mind up!

The other day you said this:

And on another thread you say THIS:

Which is it? :jester:

Er....they all say the same result - that the tour is dodgy and won't happen.
His efforts to flog tickets - whether succeeding or failing - has an underlying dodgyness to it, and the last post I made is a theory, that would certainly work in his favour and be the incentive to schedule something he doesn't intend to fulfill.

So, now that's answered, do you :jester: have any more questions??

A pal pointed out the other day, that artists depend mostly on tours for income - and with touts often making more money on the tickets than the actual artist.
That's a shocking state of affairs. Ticketmaster are now also the touts, with their 'Get Me In' facility, and able to allocate as many tickets as they want for their own touting activities!

I thought Pearl Jam were shite, musically, but I did agree with their stand against ticketmasterbators.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With regard to the ticket scramble a few months back - a bit mean, but you've got to laugh - especially one girl who hadn't slept for two nights/camped out to be at the front of the O2 ticket queue, or some people who'd flown in from the USA to be at the front of the queue. :)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
With the booking fee being non-refundable and the number of tickets sold, somebody has still made a killing out of this.

I never quite understand why booking fees are so high. Money for nowt and no mistake.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With the booking fee being non-refundable and the number of tickets sold, somebody has still made a killing out of this.

I never quite understand why booking fees are so high. Money for nowt and no mistake.

Exactly, it was £9 per ticket, what do they do with that? The tickets were £75 ffs, someone is going to benefit from £36 of my money, arse.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting!
My friend is selling a ticket on Ebay and last night the bid stood at £750 quid, but I'm not sure how much it is going for now.

Ticketholders for the sell-out Michael Jackson concerts at London's O2 from July should now get their money back.

Fifty shows - due to start on 13 July and set up as his big comeback dates in the UK - sold out rapidly from official ticket sellers.

Fans who bought directly should now get a full refund, although it is a gloomier picture for those who bought from a third party.

If no terms and conditions applied then these buyers have no legal rights.

Private sellers
But if tickets were bought from private sellers on the internet or in person then no terms and conditions are stipulated and so the buyer does not have any set legal rights.

In this case, the best ticketholders can hope for is a friendly agreement with the seller to be handed their money back. The seller could then apply for their money from whomever they bought the tickets from.

:lolol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8120412.stm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here