Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a game of Mornington Crescent?

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
It's still Thursday here and I'm in Hawaii. I invoke the Time Zone Gambit in combination with the Waimanalo Trump. Thus, I call: Hounslow West.

Take that, you Europeans.:glare:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
With the time zone bluff being used above; but having a sidestep swerve to avoid the trap I throw in bank ( for efficianados out there)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I have the trump card of being within the London Tube Timetable blackout, however having sat here for about an hour with pencil and paper, and trying many combinations, I still can't get to that blasted crescent. However, I think I have a move which will outfox even the hardiest of players, by taking a Central Line sidemove to NEWBURY PARK I've blocked off most possibile manouveres. If someone wins it off this that hour of furious arithmatic will have been in vain!

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Well....

The Large one called Newbury Park, Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews didnt want to be left out and called Rue Montmarte. We all thought that was beginners luck but Notters clarified that you can go overground on Wimbledon Common Rules and called Isle of Dogs. There was some reference to the Royal Wedding renaming the current game rules to St James Park rules. We then went on a good run: Baker Street - Bond Street - Osterly - Hainault - Dollis Hill - Wood Lane - Morton Wells and Bethnal Green...and this is where i got confused because of the reverse Dutch played by Easy 10 and called Colliers Wood to make it easier on all of us.

It then got a little difficult for a beginner but Amahwrang got slipped streamed, and we are at Oval at the moment.

Did that help?

Well... It doesn't help (I wish it did, by the way), but this is a bit like American Football, I really want know how it to play it, but I just can't get my head around it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Round the loop faster and faster but get out just as your opponent gets dizzy and stop at leyton

Opened it up for everyone to take the title with that call. I am gonna bring myself more Central and see if i have Red this situation correctly. No derision for my misinterpretation of the old 'twin platform on the AM' theory:

Tottenham Court Road

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
A brazen move so early on in the game, Serg. Am I right in saying that the Wimbledon Common Rules stipulates, and I'm quoting from Page 47, Paragraph 12(b), that "on the 2nd Friday of the month, between the hours of dawn till dusk, a reverse Fligley Exchange can result in stalemate, so avoid Euston whereever possible"? Or am I misreading that?

Just a warning, like.

Barnet

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Oh bugger. I've spent hours crafting a cunning move which would have negated Easy 10's Reverse Dutch, but I've just found out that the Circle line is no longer circular - you've now got to change at Edgware Road! Damn.
Serves me right for using an old map.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That should allow me to play the elimination struddle, effectively bypassing some of the trickier moves to get me to...

Cockfosters. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster you utter BANDIT. Cockfosters was one of only THREE stations that would force me to withdraw my Reverse Dutch Variant joker. Did you actually work that out, or was it just blind luck ?
Well, with the Reverse Dutch now out of the equation for me, I'm afraid I'm going to have to invoke Clause 12 of Lord Abercrombies 1962 rolling stock and cortisone buffers repeal act at this point, which of course leads me inevitably to...

SOUTH KENTON.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Right that's it, I'm going to play not one, not two, not even three but FOUR (yes FOUR) hanging Bakerloo diagonal crossovers, which obviously points me towards:

Walthamstow Central

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right that's it, I'm going to play not one, not two, not even three but FOUR (yes FOUR) hanging Bakerloo diagonal crossovers, which obviously points me towards:

Walthamstow Central

Is that even allowed ?

Low and dirty, wasn't it?

But under the Wet Thursday Indicative, Bakerloo crossovers are allowed provided it crosses over to Friday AND it's raining AND it's February. Personally, I think he'd been saving that one up.

Still, not as low and dirty as... STOCKWELL.

Eat that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here