Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else slightly concerned about Palace's demise?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I was beginning to look forward to playing them regularly like it was (apparently) in the old days. Now it's looking like, apart from a bit of fun and games next season, we could pass them going in the opposite direction and never even play them at Falmer!

Sorry about another palace thread by the way!

My only concern is their demise is not happening quickly enough.

F*ck em all!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sarf Lundun Sunday Pub league Div 3 (South)

This is the second time in 10 years these parasitic scumbags have gone into administration-all the time their moronic supporters took great delight in our struggles.

If they end up in Blue Square South it will be nothing less than they deserve. Let them suffer for a few years.

Not the Blue Square South.

TNBA

TTF

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My only concern is their demise is not happening quickly enough.

F*ck em all!

Although today has been a good news day for them as many of their fans are saying, with the administrator saying they will not loan out players this season.
If they keep free from injuries and suspensions they have a good chance of staying in the Championship.
But they have a major hurdle looming up with the Football league.
The league have not released any of the money from the Moses sale to them, because the league are looking very close at the possibility that the club has breached the third party ownership rules with the Agilo fund.
The administrator fobbed this off when meeting with the fans trust, stating that it would all be sorted within a week, but that was three weeks ago. The administrator has been summoned to the league for a meeting this week. The outcome of this could have a serious impact on them if they find against them.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Only by the virtue of -10, not that we are shit.

And I don't expect you to stay up either, you always let us down.

Now you see how it works is this:

You had the points deducted because you were fielding players you could not afford thus rendering you temporarily 'not shit'.

We could have done that and stayed in the Championship.

However we decided to stick to our preferred style of just 'being shit'.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I personally hope they go bust and fold completely. Don’t want to ever hear their name ever again, they’re scum and a disgrace to our country.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I think Crystal Palace have made a very poor appointment today. Paul Hart has had a lot of opportunities, and with the exception of Pompey last season, has failed everywhere.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, they deserve to suffer.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I AM concerned - that they're going to get away with it. I know people want to play them next season but I think that's being a bit 'selfish' for want of a better word. In other words I think some of our fans don't really care about the wider implications - so long as we can play our rivals next year (and hopefully beat them, twice) then everything will have turned out ok.

I can't share that view; I don't want to play Palace next season. For me the WORST thing that could happen will be that at the end of this, after the usual smoke and mirrors and behind-the-scenes horsetrading, they end up still in the second or third tier of professional football (relegation, ooooh what a punishment) but with a nice, clean slate ready to start again. Ditto Portsmouth. Maybe especially Portsmouth as if someone had offered me a few seasons in the Premiership, the FA Cup and a European campaign with the only price being Administration, relegation (by the standard one division) and then a fresh start - I'd have bitten their hands off.

Sorry, but for the overall good of football I want to see Palace and Pompey go bust and have to reform, thus following in the footsteps of Accrington Stanley, Aldershot and Newport County (to name but three). However I can't see that happening and football clubs will continue to think that the normal rules of business (such as paying your Tax) don't apply to them, so yes, I AM slightly concerned.

I would tend to agree with every word of this post. And it's difficult to think of the fans too much, because although they might not have had a lot of say in how their club was being run, they took the good times, and the signings of all the players (players it was blatantly obvious they couldn't afford).

For the good of football, one of these bigger names needs to go bust for everybody to wake up and smell the heaving pile of shit that is under everybody's noses.

Interestingly, I'm not sure how easy the way out is of this mess for Palace. They don't own their own stadium, the only assets by-and-large are the players. Does anybody want to take over a club with no stadium and £30 million debt? Doesn't sound overly attractive to me, and this is what, ironically, places them in a more precarious situation than Portsmouth.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
More and more footbal clubs will be heading the same way as Palace and Pompey.

The salaries being paid to footballers at ALL levels just cannot be maintained.

No other business can continue when the expenditure far outweighs the revenue.

As for the Palace I will not lose any sleep over them. A few years scratching around in the lower leagues will be fantastic to see. A it happens, I believe that they will survive in League 1 this season.

A firesale in the summer should see them relegated the following season along with Pompey.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interestingly, I'm not sure how easy the way out is of this mess for Palace. They don't own their own stadium, the only assets by-and-large are the players. Does anybody want to take over a club with no stadium and £30 million debt? Doesn't sound overly attractive to me, and this is what, ironically, places them in a more precarious situation than Portsmouth.
Actually I think NOT owning the stadium might be their salvation. If they did own the ground then they may have been forced to sell it to clear the debts. As it is the Administrator, creditors, Taxman, liquidator, whoever can't touch it as it isn't an asset of the business in question.

So you own a football ground in Croydon that is now without a football team. What do you do? Well if you're a businessman just in it for the money you flog it to the highest bidder - and if there's planning permission, or even a good chance you can get it, then it'll be worth a lot of money. However if you can't get planning permission or if you're a football fan, or best of all a Palace fan it may be in your best interests to see the site still used as a football ground; consequently you'll be more than happy to rent it out to Crystal Palace (2010) Ltd. Bob's your uncle, Crystal Palace (now debt free) still playing at Selhurst Park and all it's cost is a few league points.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Couldn't agree less.
What about the staff that lose their jobs because of administration?
Not very well paid jobs but usually done by people with a real love of their club.
You've completely missed the point. Of course individuals will suffer, but 'Crystal Palace FC' will survive, and ten, twenty, thirty years down the line this will hardly merit a footnote in your history.

And also your fellow Palace fan 'Phoenix' disagrees with you. He thinks the only people that will lose out are the likes of Adidas and Juventus. (See his reply to 'Bwian' in another thread). Yes, I think he's wrong too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here