Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else slightly concerned about Palace's demise?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
The majority of us wanted you in the same division as us so we could whup your arse twice a year, however you were and still are too shit to have obliged.

Looks like you're gonna oblige us then doesnt it...

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
relax, we'll see you next year and all will be well with the world.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
having said that I see you are due to play Sheff Weds last game iof the season.

Is that not a recipe for Dougie freedman to come back for a 9th spell at Palace and score an offside handball goal in the 104th minute (having already been booked twice)?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
having said that I see you are due to play Sheff Weds last game iof the season.

Is that not a recipe for Dougie freedman to come back for a 9th spell at Palace and score an offside handball goal in the 104th minute (having already been booked twice)?

rolleyes.gif

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not concerned. My primary concern is them getting relegated and the renewal of hostilities next season. Sadly I think, despite the 10pt deduction, they have enough about them to avoid the drop. If they continue to show the same spirit displayed for most of this season they will stay up.

Hopefully Colin's exit to QPR will lead to big enough dip to see them go down.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Err NO! Ridiculous thing to ask imho! As long as they don't go out of business they can be in the Conference South for all I care.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The majority of us wanted you in the same division as us so we could whup your arse twice a year, .

You and I know that's not true-you may have wanted us to survive but the majority of your lot were desperate to see us relegated into The Conference.

however you were and still are too shit to have obliged

We may well have been shit over the years-probably because we weren't fielding a team that we hadn't paid for and had no intention of paying for. However, we are now on the verge of competing with you on even terms-let's see how well you do then.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Or it could do the opposite and fire them up.

Depends if they get paid-and we all know your club's history when it comes to paying people:thumbsup:

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
This could be a great day in renewing the rivalry, our youngsters might stop wanking over Charlton, and yours over Orient.:clap2::clap2:

[yt]JFUabzkAjBQ[/yt]

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
This could be a great day in renewing the rivalry, our youngsters might stop wanking over Charlton, and yours over Orient.:clap2::clap2:
QUOTE]

I believe the term is "THIS"

come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I AM concerned - that they're going to get away with it. I know people want to play them next season but I think that's being a bit 'selfish' for want of a better word. In other words I think some of our fans don't really care about the wider implications - so long as we can play our rivals next year (and hopefully beat them, twice) then everything will have turned out ok.

I can't share that view; I don't want to play Palace next season. For me the WORST thing that could happen will be that at the end of this, after the usual smoke and mirrors and behind-the-scenes horsetrading, they end up still in the second or third tier of professional football (relegation, ooooh what a punishment) but with a nice, clean slate ready to start again. Ditto Portsmouth. Maybe especially Portsmouth as if someone had offered me a few seasons in the Premiership, the FA Cup and a European campaign with the only price being Administration, relegation (by the standard one division) and then a fresh start - I'd have bitten their hands off.

Sorry, but for the overall good of football I want to see Palace and Pompey go bust and have to reform, thus following in the footsteps of Accrington Stanley, Aldershot and Newport County (to name but three). However I can't see that happening and football clubs will continue to think that the normal rules of business (such as paying your Tax) don't apply to them, so yes, I AM slightly concerned.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In a few years time their biggest game of the season will be against Whitehawk :laugh:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Palace games have been some of the most memorable over the last 30 years - remember the 30,000+ crowds for the Palace games at the Goldstone. I'm sure no one seriously wants them to go out of business.

I even know one or 2 palace fans - they're quite normal people actually.
I did get punched on the nose by one in the late 70's though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most their fans hate Charlton more these days so they are prob half loking forward to renewing their rivalry.

As for Palace going down, it would be nice but I can't see it happening.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I think people are forecasting their demise a little prematurely but ultimately they will do what others have done and be resurrrected off the backs of their debtors.

They are still favourites to stay up with the appointment of the right manager (mainly because the others down the bottom are playing so so very poorly and showing little signs of fighting to stay up). If they do come down I reckon we will be competing with each other for a play off place next season - could be fun...............
Yeah Paul Hart great choice there. O well we do have Dougie Freedman coming in as well for a litlle inspiration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here