Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back to a 4.02 average thanks to a five today. I'm thinking of changing my starting word strategy, but sod's law one of the ones I normally use will come up!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Wordle 242 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tough one, took me all day…

Something seems to have gone wrong on my records. Yesterdays screen shot and todays screen shot both day I’ve played 29 games etc

Look

939615B3-880F-44D1-9694-C4E35043F6EB.jpeg

And todays

E770143D-B832-4762-9510-869C7A658325.jpeg

I think it might have been going on since the NYT switch I’m not sure :(

Dec 29, 2011
They're getting harder. NYT bought the game for the data it brings. Make the game harder, only the intelligent people will stick around, now you have a huge list of intelligent (likely higher income) people that you can market to. Genius.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[err, giving two letters away isn't in the spirit of what's agreed is permissible!]

Sorry. An observation not a request.

After I’ve finished it’s quite fun coming on here to (usually be able to) follow others’ logic trail.
In this case I failed

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Sorry. An observation not a request.

After I’ve finished it’s quite fun coming on here to (usually be able to) follow others’ logic trail.
In this case I failed

It was me who was at fault Severnside - in responding to your observation I foolishly gave away other possibles which would potentially spoil it for anyone silly enough to look at this thread before they’d done it!

A mod justifiably edited my post and I am duly chastised

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was me who was at fault Severnside - in responding to your observation I foolishly gave away other possibles which would potentially spoil it for anyone silly enough to look at this thread before they’d done it!

A mod justifiably edited my post and I am duly chastised

We all do it

:thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're getting harder. NYT bought the game for the data it brings. Make the game harder, only the intelligent people will stick around, now you have a huge list of intelligent (likely higher income) people that you can market to. Genius.

My experience is the exact opposite. My average since it moved to NYT is considerably lower than my average before the move. My thought was that it was being dumbed down for American audiences. The removal of AGORA because few Americans would know it, is a good example of this.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Streak 43. Average 4.05
Wordle 243 3/6*

������⬜��
������⬜��
����������

My starter word was just 1 letter out but there are several options for letter 4!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Does anyone know what time (or timezone) the new word comes up? If I usually do it at 8am, am I going to screw myself up by trying it at 8pm?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Does anyone know what time (or timezone) the new word comes up? If I usually do it at 8am, am I going to screw myself up by trying it at 8pm?

If you click on the 'stats' icon at the top right corner of the wordle page, it gives a real-time countdown of when the next puzzle becomes available.
The answer is midnight.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wordle 242 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 today, still to try to untangle the mess that are my stats after they went wrong the other day (see earlier post - probably as i hadn't accept cookies)

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
My experience is the exact opposite. My average since it moved to NYT is considerably lower than my average before the move. My thought was that it was being dumbed down for American audiences. The removal of AGORA because few Americans would know it, is a good example of this.

Maybe you find the harderness easier because you are one smart mutha effer

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wordle 243 5/6

��⬜��⬜��
������⬜��
������⬜��
������⬜��
����������

Average 3.96
Streak 39

FFS what a lottery, close to a fail and I hadn’t run out of possible options

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wordle 243 5/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Average 3.96
Streak 39

FFS, close to a fail and there were still other options. Lottery no skill today

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wordle 243 3/6

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A very lucky 3, but with so many possible choices for that final letter, it could just as easily been a fail.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Wordle 243 4/6

🟨[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟩[emoji833]🟩
🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
3.93 42/42

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here