Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It depends on what you consider cheating.

I use Word to mess about with combinations of known letters as it helps me "see" possible words easier or eliminate untried letters which don't make words. If you could enter letters out of sequence I wouldn't need to do this.

I don't use crossword solver sites etc. which I would consider as cheating.

A 5 today after using my Word technique described above.

you can just google 'todays Wordle answer' - that's easy cheating.

Most people who get it in 2, and sometimes 3, I assume are cheating either blatantly or in less obvious ways. Fully appreciate that the 'one size fits all' approach is unfair on those who strike lucky, but there you go.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
you can just google 'todays Wordle answer' - that's easy cheating.

Most people who get it in 2, and sometimes 3, I assume are cheating either blatantly or in less obvious ways. Fully appreciate that the 'one size fits all' approach is unfair on those who strike lucky, but there you go.

I have reasonable confidence that my starter word will be the answer at some point...meaning one day I hope to get a 1 (on my phone as well as laptop).

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 242 4/6

[emoji834][emoji834]🟨[emoji834][emoji834]
🟩[emoji834][emoji834]🟨[emoji834]
🟩🟩[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Relieved to get a 4. Wasn't expecting it to be the word, but was trying to use up available letters.

50 wins 100% Streak 37
Average stays exactly 4

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
After 3 goes i still only had one correct letter.

I nearly hit the jackpot on go number 4 which left an easy guess for go 5.

In fact it would have been impossible for me to fail as it wouldnt have let me enter any other letters as they would have made non-existent words.

That's one of the weaknesses of Wordle as sometimes it doesn't allow you to fail if you have a certain combination of letters and letters left available.

Wordle 242 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

I've had a couple of 2's and a few 3's. Generally these are because the first guess has given enough letters to help. Likewise I have had plenty of 5's and the odd 6 where my first guesses have not come up with anything.

If you don't cheat then there is always going to be an element of luck. I think last week there were two words I could make out of the letters I had - I chose the wrong one and got a 4 rather than a 3 which is frustrating but ultimately down to an unlucky choice.

I don't have a starter word, I just use whatever has come up in whatever I was listening to or reading just before I start.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wordle 242 2/6

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Streak 1
Max 5
Avg 3.40

The way my opening word landed (the yellow in guess 1 was the first letter of guess 2) basically gave me the only answer I could think of for guess 2.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Par 4 for me today (av 3.72)

The longest Wordle: I took nearly an hour between by second and third guesses while I tried to work out all the combinations. I could think of only three possible words (and rejected one as being too British) so it was 50/50. I guessed wrong :(

On the other hand, I got French Wordle in two, matching Thunder Bolt's effort from yesterday

I did it quite quickly but my correct guess was made simple because none of the other remaining letters after 3 goes created anything resembling a word (I was missing the first letter). The correct answer sounds like a word but it is not a word I have ever seen. It took Mrs T to tell me later what it means.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wordle 242 2/6

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Streak 1
Max 5
Avg 3.40

The way my opening word landed (the yellow in guess 1 was the first letter of guess 2) basically gave me the only answer I could think of for guess 2.

Trying to work out what your first guess was :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Wordle 242 2/6

🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A nice two today !