Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have issues with the food at half time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People around us moaning at lack of food at half time in the Norf stand.

Seemly burgers not being cooked etc?

Was is better around the stadium?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NO

I was fecking starving. I visited the SLUM that is London Road this morning because I needed something from Richer Sounds, thus disrputing my usual routine. Unavoidable. I had three beers in DICKS before the game, intending to ram a steak and ale down my GULLET at half time in the WSU, only for there to be no pies left. GENIUS. I mean, its not like they don't know how many gimps are turning up for a pie these days is it ?

Poor show. Very poor.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
They'd run out of pies BEFORE the match in the north, west stand side. Azure = joke.

The hotdogs are more bread than sausage.
Burgers are bland and tasteless.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I went for the veggie pie today, but I have to say it was only luke warm and lacked veggie filling. I keep trying, but they seem to be more miss than hit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I never venture out at half time, I have a pie before the game, but a load of people round me came back saying there were no pies and no hot dogs. Surely by now they should have an idea of quantities that are needed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This sounds poor given Elliott's promises on The Albion Roar last week with regard to Azure upping their game starting today.

Being with child today, I found myself purchasing a bottle of Pepsi and a packet of crisps pre-match. The queue moved impressively quickly and I did not have to wait too long. However, whilst my packet of cheese and onion were being retrieved, I couldn't help notice that most of the pie racks were empty so it looked as though those who did want some pastry goodness were going to be going hungry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And the service in the WSL Lower concourse after the game was simply terrible.

Post-game has always been ok in my experience,mainly as most people stand queuing for the trains and buses.

What was the issue? We're there more people bearing it up than usual?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I think today was a bit of a one off with it being at such a time many people thought they might have their dinner at the football when previously they would not.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use the bar in WSU at the entrance to d block, the fosters pumps broke again pre match, that's twice in 3 games. Piss poor, and we had a virtually new set of staff as well so service was once again painfully slow.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I had a pie & a coffee before the game ( the till operator wasn't aware of the deal so paid £5.30 rather than £5)
My Brother went for a pie at Half time (WSU, North end). There weren't any available !!
There's a supervisor in each booth, why aren't they keeping a check on how the products are going and getting them replenished?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This sounds poor given Elliott's promises on The Albion Roar last week with regard to Azure upping their game starting today.

Being with child today, I found myself purchasing a bottle of Pepsi and a packet of crisps pre-match. The queue moved impressively quickly and I did not have to wait too long. However, whilst my packet of cheese and onion were being retrieved, I couldn't help notice that most of the pie racks were empty so it looked as though those who did want some pastry goodness were going to be going hungry.

Service much improved in the WSU today.

.. and got my first pint of pre-match Harveys today. They hadn't run out and had many more portable outlets.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Post-game has always been ok in my experience,mainly as most people stand queuing for the trains and buses.

What was the issue? We're there more people bearing it up than usual?

Lack of Harveys primarily, they were pre-pouring the lagers, but having run out at one refreshments booth it was so slow getting served at the other. There were over a dozen beer kiosks idle on the concourse. The staff (who I do not blame individually) also did not seem to be working efficiently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, I also noticed (WSU, outlet near G block) some bottles of beer with orangey/red labels. What was this?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have always bought a pie pre-match and post-match but they were out after the game in the East today. I asked the guy if they had sold more than usual, he said no, they just didn't have as many to start with. Very strange.

(sent due to boredom from samsung galaxy s)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
not that keen on having a moan up about anything at the amex but queued up for 15 mins got to the counter and no pies , no big deal had a burger instead , but we are well into the season now and they should know roughly how many food items are sold during a game considering every game has been a sell out theres no excuse really for not having enough pies ect, it seems the company supplying may not be up to the task or the club itself maybe unwilling to take a chance on non returnable excess pies if they order more.

whatever the problem is its solveable and grown men screaming obcenities at staff because of the lack of a pie is mental , the club and supplier must simply get their act together and sort it quick .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] - unless this was late after the match itself, I doubt very much that pies had sold out and there were none left. The problem seems to be more of a case of having some available continuously.

I'd be amazed if pies didn't arrive a few minutes later but I agree with the general sentiment - that's still not good enough. When you queue for a decent amount of time you don't expect the cupboard to be bare when you reach the promised land of being served.

They did have mobile hot dog vendors today which, like the bottled Fosters sellers, appeases the "I just want something but I don't want to queue" crowd.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
My husband went to North Stand just as queues started and he asked for Hotdog and pint - no hotdogs - asked for pie - no pies

he asked what have you got that is hot and reply was "only cheeseburgers" he had no choice but to have that and he said it was crap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here