Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Non-leagues gates have seen a sharp increase this season.

I think that is a big signal that many fans habits are changing which will effect the number of ST cancellations across the country at many clubs.
It's a cheaper, more convenient and more friendly experience.

I'm sure our results and performances against Burnley and Villa will sway many people who are still sitting on the fence with the 3rd March deadline looming.
We know that we have some big financial challenges ahead but we also have a fear of missing out.

We currently have the best side we've ever had, which makes it so hard to give up a season ticket.
Next season there could be 12 london & southern teams in the premier League that will influence people giving up season ticket & the thought of not getting away tickets.i think if are use to going to away matches it's harder to give up your season ticket

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Next season there could be 12 london & southern teams in the premier League that will influence people giving up season ticket & the thought of not getting away tickets.i think if are use to going to away matches it's harder to give up your season ticket

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Indeed. The thought of getting Fulham, 'Muff and QPR is quite pleasant.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will have to disagree.
Yes we had evening kick offs in the Championship, especially a fair few Fridays, but there is no way did we have 1 Saturday 3pm home game between the start of the season and mid February.

Those Friday evening games in the Championship were my favourite KO time. It helped that we always seemed to win.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The 5:30's aren't a problem for taking my kids and yes there are always odd kick offs times and there would be evening games if we went down.

The thing that really annoys me about it though is the lack of recognition from the club and the constantly taking the side of the TV companies over the fans when we're scheduled for example, on a boxing day at 8pm or some of the other stupidly inconvenient time.

I'm not going to cancel my ticket over it, but if some did feel like they've been taken for granted for too long and the only form of protest which anyone will listen to is to vote with their feet, I don't think i'd be blaming them

You mean like this ."Brighton asked for earlier kick off v Tottenham" (The Argus - Jan 25th)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I have decided to give mine up due to losing my mojo with not only the Albion but trying to get to the ground and getting home. Got half way today (Burnley) then all trains were cancelled so I turned back and went home. Peeved off was an understatement. First 3pm for a millennium and it all went Pete tong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I have decided to give mine up due to losing my mojo with not only the Albion but trying to get to the ground and getting home. Got half way today (Burnley) then all trains were cancelled so I turned back and went home. Peeved off was an understatement. First 3pm for a millennium and it all went Pete tong.

Did yourself a favour mate

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Would you feel differently if there hadn’t been the storm (and hence no transport issues) and we had won 3-0 today?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Using factors caused due to the worst storm for years to justify your decision is a proper cop-out. If you don’t want to go to games any more, just say so……it’s not compulsory :shrug:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Finally got round to cancelling it today, maybe I'll get one again in a few years when the kids are older and the other half has finished her degree and is hopefully in work.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Finally got round to cancelling it today, maybe I'll get one again in a few years when the kids are older and the other half has finished her degree and is hopefully in work.

Good luck with that. I gave mine up the season VAR was introduced and have never been back since, You get use to doing other things. With free streams of our matches, saving a bucket load of cash it's hard to get your mojo back. I now use the money saved to rent a garage for my baby/car.

I will never be a season ticket holder again. It doesn't mean I can't support the club by other means, That's in your blood forever.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I now use the money saved to rent a garage for my baby/car.

Are Social Services aware? Sounds dangerously close to child neglect to me. And have you considered the emotional legacy he/she will grow up with, having been left to fend for themselves in a garage from an early age? Sure, they’ll be handy with a spanner and probably able to sort different size screws into little plastic tubs before they can walk or talk, but are those really valuable life skills for the 21st century?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck with that. I gave mine up the season VAR was introduced and have never been back since, You get use to doing other things. With free streams of our matches, saving a bucket load of cash it's hard to get that your mojo back. I now use the money saved to rent a garage for my baby/car.

I will never be a season ticket holder again. It doesn't mean I can't support the club by other means, That's in your blood forever.

You’d rather rent a garage than watch the Albion? Crikey.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think mine are going to go. My son likes the idea of doing 8 or so games and sitting in different parts of the stadium. We’ll likely pick favourable dates/kos rather than which team. Cost is a big factor, but also being messed about with just so many different kos and dates, just cannot work other commitments around it all the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually get it. I suppose you have to be into cars to understand, I’m guessing that you’re not :shrug:

True. Just makes me feel rather sad that we have got to where we have and people want to sack it off for a rented garage.

And Nope, I don't like driving so don’t own a car.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I have decided to cancel but not sure if I’ve already committed to next season. Has renewal notices already gone out. If so I think I’ve missed it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here