Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given Covid and the current financial stretch so many people are now in, 90%+ is pretty high…….it’s maybe only 1000-1500 or so fewer than normal.

It's pretty good. I'd imagine that you usually get about 5-10% non-renewals from non-football stuff like new work or family commitments, moving from the area, ill health etc. Quite surprised after all the stuff on here and social media with fans announcing that they weren't renewing. Must be a case of the silent majority.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
About 10% is usual. so if this is accurate club will be very pleased. Personally I am very surprised as just thought novelty of PL had faded for many and it would be 15/20%.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Let’s see what happens next season ?
Be interesting to see if there are more tickets available on a match by match basis , in seats people actually want to sit in
Or if the season ticket maximum is either hit or lowered from its current level

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
About 10% is usual. so if this is accurate club will be very pleased. Personally I am very surprised as just thought novelty of PL had faded for many and it would be 15/20%.

Factor in loads of no-shows like me who renewed.

For various reasons, inertia by folk in making a decisive move to cancel.

I’d hazard a guess - loathed to give up fantastic seats, optimism that winning football is just around the corner, some still scared by Covid?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

I’d hazard a guess - loathed to give up fantastic seats, optimism that winning football is just around the corner, some still scared by Covid?

Point 2 possibly that’s the DD option s plus point in the club favour imho

Yes it’s nice having interest free payments BUT do some people on here actually believe it’s in the punters best interests as opposed to hooking in the punters long term ? A clever financial strategy?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Yes it’s nice having interest free payments BUT do some people on here actually believe it’s in the punters best interests as opposed to hooking in the punters long term ? A clever financial strategy?

Yes; I consider a discounted monthly DD to be in my best financial interests. I receive monthly income so it makes sense to pay my bills monthly, rather than paying a lump sum in advance.

TB is no idiot and clearly the DD system is also in the club’s interests, ensuring a (guaranteed) steady monthly income.

A win win situation.

A clever financial strategy? Not really. Just common sense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It helps both parties.

We pay the best part of a grand, but by DD. Seeing (or just hogging prime seats) EPL/Championship football for families isn’t cheap, the DD makes it feasible.

There’d be many thousand fewer STH’ers without it. Giving certainty to PB and his projections spreadsheets.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Yes; I consider a discounted monthly DD to be in my best financial interests. I receive monthly income so it makes sense to pay my bills monthly, rather than paying a lump sum in advance.

TB is no idiot and clearly the DD system is also in the club’s interests, ensuring a (guaranteed) steady monthly income.

A win win situation.

Indeed common sense Yes beneficial to both club and customer
BUT I’m sure there was a poster on here who utilised the DD as a point of how wonderful the club were being towards the fans / customers
In a previous debate that was along these lines :cool:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to say, with what is coming cost of living wise, I think that 90% is pretty impressive. I'd be interested to know what other clubs renewal rates are ?

Although I also found 'and still rising' to be a bit weird given that the renewal date has passed ???

….and can the rate also go down?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A win win situation.

We’re in the minority to offer 0% direct debit over 12 months.

Wolves do - but only over 6 months payments
Burnley do - 12 months
Everton kind of do - but you need to ‘apply for finance’
Chelsea did - but using finance, +4% , and over 6 months
Newcastle do
Leicester do over 10 months
Southampton 3 or 7 months

Just off the few I could be bothered to check

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
We’re in the minority to offer 0% direct debit over 12 months.

Wolves do - but only over 6 months payments
Burnley do - 12 months
Everton kind of do - but you need to ‘apply for finance’
Chelsea did - but using finance, +4% , and over 6 months
Newcastle do
Leicester do over 10 months
Southampton 3 or 7 months

Just off the few I could be bothered to check

FFS don’t give PB ideas you muppet :lolol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

this... but in my case i decided to cancel....£500 is a lot when you are retired and you are not get the VFM

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
this... but in my case i decided to cancel....£500 is a lot when you are retired and you are not get the VFM

Don’t blame you, especially with life’s bills escalating by the week.

I can afford to give myself breathing space until my son completes uni in 2024, he’s away, then I’ll know his plans (if he’s coming back to Sussex for good).

I do put the seats on the Exchange when it opens, but 2/3rd’s of the time they stay empty. Sign of the times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here