Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else considering cancelling their ST's?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok, Maybe not fickle... But I bet we as a club have more fans considering and giving up ST's than most other clubs...

Really a very bizarre assumption. Why on earth do you think you know what most fans are thinking?

If you don't want to go then don't. Stop whinging and give up your ticket. Every year there is turnover of tickets, always has been and probably always will be.

We had a similar thread not long ago which ended with the same old posters coming up with the same old gripes. Feel for those that can't go due to finances or family circumstances changes but it's getting a little repetitive when some keep moaning about transferring tickets or kick off times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Last night walking to and from Old Trafford I saw at least half a dozen Dads - With kids and a scarf - and almost certainly at their first match. (It was a long walk !). In my hotel I bumped into one Dad (one over from Ireland) taking his lad - with a scarf knotted round his neck.
To a game at half term that kicked off at 8-15pm. He looked about 7.
He thought Sanchez was man of the match by the way. .
What’s wrong with that ? I doubt all those kids and dads and scarves all care too much if matches kick off at 3pm or 4pm on a Sunday , aren’t at all worried if games are on TV and certainly don’t imagine that football isn’t for them.

I really don't see the relevance in that. One of those groups of father's and kids may well have been a friend of mine who lives in Liverpool, he went with his son. Yes lots of people are unaffected. But that's not the question. We are discussing those that are affected detrimentally by the degradation and loss of traditional Saturday kick offs at 3pm. It is an issue for a large number of people, most probably a minority, but I thought the people's game would be for all the people, not just those with deep pockets and a very versatile schedule.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really a very bizarre assumption. Why on earth do you think you know what most fans are thinking?

If you don't want to go then don't. Stop whinging and give up your ticket. Every year there is turnover of tickets, always has been and probably always will be.

We had a similar thread not long ago which ended with the same old posters coming up with the same old gripes. Feel for those that can't go due to finances or family circumstances changes but it's getting a little repetitive when some keep moaning about transferring tickets or kick off times.
I'm all right Jack. [emoji1750] For us it's tiresome that you keep telling us that our concerns are unimportant as they don't affect you negatively.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Last night walking to and from Old Trafford I saw at least half a dozen Dads - With kids and a scarf - and almost certainly at their first match. (It was a long walk !). In my hotel I bumped into one Dad (one over from Ireland) taking his lad - with a scarf knotted round his neck.
What’s wrong with that ? I doubt all those kids and dads and scarves all care too much if matches kick off at 3pm or 4pm on a Sunday , aren’t at all worried if games are on TV and certainly don’t imagine that football isn’t for them.

And? :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

It’s the thread police again :D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I will have to disagree.
Yes we had evening kick offs in the Championship, especially a fair few Fridays, but there is no way did we have 1 Saturday 3pm home game between the start of the season and mid February.

The more changes and the more late kick-offs there are, the more some people will be affected. I am glad you are not, but see my answer to [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION], and you'll appreciate that 3pm Saturday kick offs are definitely 'worse' now than when we were in the championship.

But you can't just group "late kick-offs" together.

Sure, there haven't been many 3pm Saturday KOs at home, but there's a MASSIVE difference between it being moved to 17.30 on Saturday and, say, 20.00 Monday.

I'm fairly sure The Championship was just as bad for evening games. In fact, probably worse due to extra fixtures, usually mid-week.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Cool story bro :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But you can't just group "late kick-offs" together.

Sure, there haven't been many 3pm Saturday KOs at home, but there's a MASSIVE difference between it being moved to 17.30 on Saturday and, say, 20.00 Monday.

I'm fairly sure The Championship was just as bad for evening games. In fact, probably worse due to extra fixtures, usually mid-week.

Do you want to argue about the colour of orange juice? :D

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Thank for letting us know what we can and cant discuss.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And you don't think it's tiresome for the rest of us on this board to keep seeing the same old names whinging on and on about kick off times.

Absolutely no problem for you then to either put us on ignore or better still ignore this thread. It's not difficult. I manage to not read all kinds of threads, with a special mention for the Brexit thread and the world's hardest creature etc.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Non-leagues gates have seen a sharp increase this season.

I think that is a big signal that many fans habits are changing which will effect the number of ST cancellations across the country at many clubs.
It's a cheaper, more convenient and more friendly experience.

I'm sure our results and performances against Burnley and Villa will sway many people who are still sitting on the fence with the 3rd March deadline looming.
We know that we have some big financial challenges ahead but we also have a fear of missing out.

We currently have the best side we've ever had, which makes it so hard to give up a season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here