Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody else having a truly woeful 2012?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Or is it just me? :guitar:

If it wasn't for the Albion, football in general and the occaisonal endulgance in alcohol, this year would be a complete and utter waste. I had such high hopes. It should be an epic, with the Euros and the Olympics. But it's just not happening. Grim year.

D

Deleted member 18477

Life isnt always easy. Chin up! I do agree though that without football and booze my life would be shitter! I've made a really conscious effort to just enjoy the simpler things in life and it's made me a lot happier this year.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my business partner is........his wife (43) and mother(64) have both suffered strokes and one of his daughters(10) has been battling a serious lung problem..........how he manages to keep going and appear happy most of the time is an inspiration to anyone close to him.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You mean there are good years?.....seriously,had so much crap in life but can't change history so get on with and enjoy as much as possible...life can be fun.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Or is it just me? :guitar:

If it wasn't for the Albion, football in general and the occaisonal endulgance in alcohol, this year would be a complete and utter waste. I had such high hopes. It should be an epic, with the Euros and the Olympics. But it's just not happening. Grim year.

you are going to win money this weekend.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I've had better years (especially health and work wise), but I've had far worse. I've got a great partner, I have a roof over my head and food in the cupboards, and I've got a North Stand Season tickets. There have been years where I haven't had some of these or wouldn't have had but for the goodwill of others, so I'm kind of grateful for what I've got. Life can be f*****g hard at times, but it is what it is, try and enjoy the good, and remember the good when you've got it bad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
By far and away my worst ever year, but there's still 5 months left and doing all I can to turn it around. Stay positive mate, keep focussed on your objectives and most importantly those that are closest to you. Chin up!

Take heart from the positives:

We live in one of the richest nations in the world;
Enjoy the 'better' weather conditions in the S.E.
Live in a low crime area
Have the beauty of the countryside, as well as the Sea
Relatively low unemployment
High level of life expectancy
No Labour Party in Government (cheap shot I know)
A top 30 English football team
A fantastic football stadium
A successful county cricket club
The buzz of Brighton
Close to Airports
Food in your belly & overfilled shops
A democratic & gun free land
Freedom of religion
Freedom of sexuality

.......go for a walk, jog around our wonderful city, think about some of the above. LIFE IS GREAT :)

Take heart from the positives:

We live in one of the richest nations in the world;
Enjoy the 'better' weather conditions in the S.E.
Live in a low crime area
Have the beauty of the countryside, as well as the Sea
Relatively low unemployment
High level of life expectancy
No Labour Party in Government (cheap shot I know)
A top 30 English football team
A fantastic football stadium
A successful county cricket club
The buzz of Brighton
Close to Airports
Food in your belly & overfilled shops
A democratic & gun free land
Freedom of religion
Freedom of sexuality

.......go for a walk, jog around our wonderful city, think about some of the above. LIFE IS GREAT :)

- and another brain dead Tory posting on NSC.

Stumpy Tim

What a bunch of miserable fuckers there are around - I think some people just like to wallow on self-pity, and then get stuck in a rut. It's funny how those with a positive attitude tend to be happy and more successful.

Personally 2012 has been a great year. My two kids are healthy and happy, I spent 3 weeks in Rio, my new job is going really well and I'm enjoying it, and now the sun's out. Football is great too, but that's really a small part of life.

Oh and I'm not a Tory, so [MENTION=21730]Medwayseagull[/MENTION] - it's nothing to do with politics

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been the worst.

Stupid as it sounds sport is the only thing that has got me through.
To the point I'm close to splurging 2k, going to the US to keep my Summer of sport going.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What a bunch of miserable fuckers there are around - I think some people just like to wallow on self-pity, and then get stuck in a rut. It's funny how those with a positive attitude tend to be happy and more successful.

Personally 2012 has been a great year. My two kids are healthy and happy, I spent 3 weeks in Rio, my new job is going really well and I'm enjoying it, and now the sun's out. Football is great too, but that's really a small part of life.

Oh and I'm not a Tory, so [MENTION=21730]Medwayseagull[/MENTION] - it's nothing to do with politics

Perfect ... so you are doing fine therefore you can't see the issues that others may have. It might be different if one or both your children were in bad health, you'd lost your job or you hadn't spent 3 weeks in Rio. There are those that are suffering with issues not of their own making and that have no resolution and I for one have a great deal of empathy for them, having experienced real suffering first hand this year. I'd be truly ashamed of myself to support such views but go ahead and enjoy your next holiday!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Another one throwing his hat into the "absolutely crap year" ring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I could air my dirty linen so we could have a crap off.

But I just can't bring myself to do it.

D

Deleted member 18477

Dear oh dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here