Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Just wondering if anyone has, or knows where there are, any pics of the away end at West Ham last week.

cheers

I don't want to have a pop and a very good result at West Ham it was - but there is a feeling on here that you are the only club that takes fans away and you are some how superior. So you sold out last week? Shouldn't that always be the case if you're the size you think you are.

Maybe it's something to do with Withdean and compensating for it. Palace took 3,000 to Anfield last week and sang for 90 minutes. Most clubs do. It's nothing special.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wasnt saying anything about us being great. Just wanted to see a pic of it.

I am sure that QPR, Millwall and a lot of other clubs will sell out and make as much if not more noise.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Re: Re: Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

paulie said:
there is a feeling on here that you are the only club that takes fans away and you are some how superior

...and there I was thinking it was West Ham who had delusions of superiority.

How stupid, and thanks for pointing it out.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Richie Morris said:
I wasnt saying anything about us being great. Just wanted to see a pic of it.

I am sure that QPR, Millwall and a lot of other clubs will sell out and make as much if not more noise.

Wasn't really having a go at you or this particular thread - just the assumption on here that your away support is something special. Sure, you have good numbers and are noisy. Seem to make a weekend out of a lot of trips. My point is that this is the norm for many clubs, especially those in a higher division than they thought they'd be. Norwich took 3,000 to ManC on a Monday night for example.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Re: Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

Smart Mart said:
...and there I was thinking it was West Ham who had delusions of superiority.

How stupid, and thanks for pointing it out.

He's a Palace fan...

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
im with you Richie - i always like to see pictures - or even better a live camera pan shot of the crowd, especially when we scored.

if anyone has any i'd like to see 'em.

And paulie, we have got the best away following fella - end of!!:jester:

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Haven't seen any pictures of just the crowd - something like this is probably as close as you are going to get...

11293399-O.jpg

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Re: Re: Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

paulie said:
I don't want to have a pop and a very good result at West Ham it was - but there is a feeling on here that you are the only club that takes fans away and you are some how superior. So you sold out last week? Shouldn't that always be the case if you're the size you think you are.

Maybe it's something to do with Withdean and compensating for it. Palace took 3,000 to Anfield last week and sang for 90 minutes. Most clubs do. It's nothing special.

in a bit of a grump this morning Paulie?

unlike a palace fan :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Paulie....there is a "superior than thou" attitude amongst Albion fans, of that there is no doubt. I suppose it is probably down to the whole Archer/Bellotti/Falmer debacle and the fact that if in the press and face to face people tell you you are the best fans in England, sooner or later you will believe it.

I think where we differ to say Norwich or Crystal Palace, is that the average home game is somewhere near 24k and if you take 3k to a match, that is proportionally not as good as us taking 3k to West Ham where our average gate is just over 6k. I think that is all really.

Also qwe paly at such an awful place that going away relieves the tedium of Withdean

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

lincs seagull said:
in a bit of a grump this morning Paulie?

unlike a palace fan :lolol:

Quite chipper actually - probably too much red wine watching the awful game last night.

Fews beers tomorrow night and going to the Toon at Selhurst on Saturday with a Geordie mate. Now, they will be noisy......

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Re: Re: Re: Re: Any pics of the crowd at West Ham?

paulie said:
Quite chipper actually - probably too much red wine watching the awful game last night.

Fews beers tomorrow night and going to the Toon at Selhurst on Saturday with a Geordie mate. Now, they will be noisy......

Ahh good to hear that would not want to upset a palace fan on a brighton message board:lolol:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
Paulie....there is a "superior than thou" attitude amongst Albion fans, of that there is no doubt. I suppose it is probably down to the whole Archer/Bellotti/Falmer debacle and the fact that if in the press and face to face people tell you you are the best fans in England, sooner or later you will believe it.

I think where we differ to say Norwich or Crystal Palace, is that the average home game is somewhere near 24k and if you take 3k to a match, that is proportionally not as good as us taking 3k to West Ham where our average gate is just over 6k. I think that is all really.

Also qwe paly at such an awful place that going away relieves the tedium of Withdean

All good points - we know your average would be 15-17k in Champ and around 25k in Prem with Falmer. I understand your away support is disproportionate in numbers - but that's the only difference.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No the difference is that Norwich and Palace are in the Premier League and should be taking many more fans then us to away games considering we are near the bottom of the first division.

I dont think you can lable one set of fans 'the best'. What about Torquay fans that travelled up to games against Carlisle etc when they were shit and knew they would lose?

Who has the best fans is such a subjective argument.

We have very good fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here