Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any fans/followers of both Brighton / Arsenal?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sat in my usual seat and hoped neither side lost. :angel:

Now the truth please :smile:

Why do I think that you were supporting the Geordies? :lolol:

It was the Joe Cocker in his heyday avatar that convinced me

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm in an interesting position tomorrow. Friend on my left is an arsenal fan, been to the emirates loads, however, he has also been going to Brighton with me for the last 5 years home and away. Now a st holder at the Amex and has now been to Brighton more. We had a conversation about who he will be supporting and he said arsenal, but he has promised not to jump and shout when they score. If he does I'm outing him to the rest of the block.

Friend on my right is Bradford born and bred, supports Liverpool but has also supported Brighton since he has lived here for 30 years. Also a st holder at the Amex. He goes to away games as well and came up with us to Liverpool last season as a Brighton fan. He is now more Brighton, and his 3 boys are Brighton. He said they can choose who they want, they chose the Albion and he has respected that.

I think a lot depends on if you have moved away from your home town long ago. I'm Brighton born and bred, if I moved away I would go and see other teams play as I am a fan of football, I don't see the issue of going to another club to watch games if you live too far away to see your own team.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
My best mate is a Gooner and I look out for the Arsenal result second to the Albion. I lived close to Highbury and went there many times. BUT, I was born in Brighton and have spent the best part of 40 years following my home town club. They are deep-rooted in my soul.

I admire Arsenal and I'm fond of them. I support Brighton and I love them.

You have done well my friend,live long and prosper

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The only feeling I have Arsenal related, is that day in 1983, standing in the clock end at Highbury was one of the highlights of supporting the Albion. I still remember turning to my left, and an old fella was crying and saying how proud he was that after 65 years of supporting the Albion, we had reached the FA cup final.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Supported Arsenal nearly fourty years, moved to Sussex in 76 and have been watching Albion since 77. Saw Albion v Arsenal in the early 80's expecting to want the Gunners to win. End of the game I relised Albion was my first love. Still have Arsenal as my team to look out for.

My prediction- Albion 2.2 Arsenal

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Only just noticed this thread. If anyone is in doubt about the TC, I can vouch for him being genuine - I've known him for years.

Either that or he's been playing a long game

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I'm in an interesting position tomorrow. Friend on my left is an arsenal fan, been to the emirates loads, however, he has also been going to Brighton with me for the last 5 years home and away. Now a st holder at the Amex and has now been to Brighton more. We had a conversation about who he will be supporting and he said arsenal, but he has promised not to jump and shout when they score. If he does I'm outing him to the rest of the block.

Friend on my right is Bradford born and bred, supports Liverpool but has also supported Brighton since he has lived here for 30 years. Also a st holder at the Amex. He goes to away games as well and came up with us to Liverpool last season as a Brighton fan. He is now more Brighton, and his 3 boys are Brighton. He said they can choose who they want, they chose the Albion and he has respected that.

I think a lot depends on if you have moved away from your home town long ago. I'm Brighton born and bred, if I moved away I would go and see other teams play as I am a fan of football, I don't see the issue of going to another club to watch games if you live too far away to see your own team.

I'd say both of your friends are Albion supporters. They are supporting the Club by buying season tickets and travelling to away games. Infact they are probably supporting the Club more than many others on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here