Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any fans/followers of both Brighton / Arsenal?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Probably an account that was made up by the friend of Palace, Titanic. Impress his Souf Lundern buds.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Totally. This is surely an 'inside job' what with the 'half and half' scarf being a recent topic.

I had a half and half scarf once. Part chips, part rice. I can't remember if I had curry with it but I was definitely homeless.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
ElectricNaz, what's your connection to both clubs? Home town? Born there? Parents hometown? Etc. just curious why you have an allegiance to these two clubs?

Born in Brighton. Lived in Brighton until I was 19 and moved to uni. Support Arsenal as my first club football memory was listening to the first cup winners cup final Arsenal won on the radio vs Parma, so I may have been 7 actually, and loved them since, however I've always followed Brighton being my home team and been to games of both sides.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
DSC_0731.jpg

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Born in Brighton. Lived in Brighton until I was 19 and moved to uni. Support Arsenal as my first club football memory was listening to the first cup winners cup final Arsenal won on the radio vs Parma, so I may have been 7 actually, and loved them since, however I've always followed Brighton being my home team and been to games of both sides.

Sound to me like you should Defo be in the Brighton end my friend. You maybe a 'fan' of Arsenals playing style and exposure from winning things over the years but Brighton carries the town of your birth and early life upon it.

Be a true supporter, not a 'fan'
'fans' are for film stars baby!

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Sound to me like you should Defo be in the Brighton end my friend. You maybe a 'fan' of Arsenals playing style and exposure from winning things over the years but Brighton carries the town of your birth and early life upon it.

Be a true supporter, not a 'fan'
'fans' are for film stars baby!

I am in the Brighton end, on the ST waiting list so got in early, WS lower, front row!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Right, I've been following both teams since I was about 5 or 6, so 20 years or so, and I'm torn as to what I want to happen on Saturday

On one hand, Arsenal have a serious chance of winning a trophy for once, but on the other, I would really love Brighton to win, or at least get a televised replay and for the fans to have a glory night out at the Emirates.

I'm a member of both teams, and I've been to plenty of games of both over the years.. Is anyone else in the same boat? All I know is that I'm looking forward to the 'half and half' scarves (probably sad but I like the idea), and this fixture is one I've wished for every single cup draw over the years.

Coming down from Staines on Saturday and it should be a fun journey back whatever happens, Given the train/replacement bus chaos. Any other London based Gooner / Seagulls doing the same?

Seeing as I need to prove i'm not a Palarse wanker @naz_alani, proves i'm not a troll. Everyone has to have a 1st post.

Serious chance of winning a trophy :shrug: They couldn't even beat Bradford

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Out of interest, how many Arsenal games have you been to in the last three seasons?

Not many, about 6 or 7 I think.

I moved to Staines in August so I've been to Southampton home, Chelsea home, Swansea home and Olympiakos home this season, it's only 1hr 20 from here and cheap on the London overground. I lived in Southampton for about 6 years before this so I couldn't get to games much, plus my wages weren't all that great, so I only ever went to 1 or 2 a season as it would cost me quite a bit to get to London from Southampton.

Dec 29, 2011
Not many, about 6 or 7 I think.

I moved to Staines in August so I've been to Southampton home, Chelsea home, Swansea home and Olympiakos home this season, it's only 1hr 20 from here and cheap on the London overground. I lived in Southampton for about 6 years before this so I couldn't get to games much, plus my wages weren't all that great, so I only ever went to 1 or 2 a season as it would cost me quite a bit to get to London from Southampton.

If you don't have a real 'connection' to a club, you can't really call yourself a fan. Maybe you follow them, but a lot of people go to a few games a season of teams they don't support just to see how their getting on. If you're Brighton born and bred there's only one answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here