Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any fans/followers of both Brighton / Arsenal?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Which do you think would be better for survival in prehistoric times, the Emirates or the Amex?:facepalm:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
If you don't have a real 'connection' to a club, you can't really call yourself a fan. Maybe you follow them, but a lot of people go to a few games a season of teams they don't support just to see how their getting on. If you're Brighton born and bred there's only one answer.

I know it's strange but I genuinely hope for both teams to win every week. I stream any Brighton game I can that's shown on random European channels. I see Arsenal 'live' more but only because I live up this way. I guess I'm more Brighton because I've always been asked "who would you support if both teams played each other" and I've always answered Brighton because they're the 'underdog' with all due respect.

I genuinely am not a troll, I just have two teams, and I know that's hard to fathom for some

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fair play to the OP. At least he's gone to watch Arsenal play a few times in person rather than being just a fan from an armchair. And at least he's got his priorities right over who he wants to win when Brighton play Arsenal.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I know it's strange but I genuinely hope for both teams to win every week. I stream any Brighton game I can that's shown on random European channels. I see Arsenal 'live' more but only because I live up this way. I guess I'm more Brighton because I've always been asked "who would you support if both teams played each other" and I've always answered Brighton because they're the 'underdog' with all due respect.

I genuinely am not a troll, I just have two teams, and I know that's hard to fathom for some

no self respecting football supporter supports two teams.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You can ONLY support BRIGHTON! You may admire Arsenal,but always support your local team.

My best mate is a Gooner and I look out for the Arsenal result second to the Albion. I lived close to Highbury and went there many times. BUT, I was born in Brighton and have spent the best part of 40 years following my home town club. They are deep-rooted in my soul.

I admire Arsenal and I'm fond of them. I support Brighton and I love them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know two people in the same situation. One used to be an Arsenal ST holder but has been a Brighton ST holder for most of the past 20 years, since moving to Sussex. Doesn't make him any less of an Albion fan as far as I'm concerned although he would probably still consider Arsenal his main club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a Spurs fan from a very early age but lived abroad and only listened on the world service and read match reports via the very delayed newspapers.

I came to Brighton and started watching them but always considered myself a Spurs fan until we played them in the old second division at the Goldstone. Like the OP I wasn't sure which team I was going to support until the game kicked off. That was the day I turned into a 100% Brighton fan. I imagine the OP will know by the end of the game which is his 1st team, hopefully it will be the Albion, I can't imagine any real football fan being able to stay neutral in a cup game as big as this where his or her two teams are playing. It's decision time :thumbsup:

I can see why any fan who has supported Albion as their 1st team all their lives doesn't understand this, it must seem a bit turncoatish.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I was a Spurs fan from a very early age but lived abroad and only listened on the world service and read match reports via the very delayed newspapers.

I came to Brighton and started watching them but always considered myself a Spurs fan until we played them in the old second division at the Goldstone. Like the OP I wasn't sure which team I was going to support until the game kicked off. That was the day I turned into a 100% Brighton fan. I imagine the OP will know by the end of the game which is his 1st team, hopefully it will be the Albion, I can't imagine any real football fan being able to stay neutral in a cup game as big as this where his or her two teams are playing. It's decision time :thumbsup:

I can see why any fan who has supported Albion as their 1st team all their lives doesn't understand this, it must seem a bit turncoatish.

I'm a Geordie, born and bred... taken to St James Park by my dad for the first time in 1969... Newcastle United fan now for 43 years. HOWEVER - Ive lived in Brighton since 1991, married here, went to Sussex Uni as a mature student, my son is born and bred in Brighton. I started going to the Goldstone in 1991 as a neutral, just to watch the football, but by about 1994/95 realised I was really hooked. I was at most games in that BUild a Bonfire 1996-97 season, and have been a season ticket holder at Brighton since the very first game at Withdean, v Mansfield in 1999. Im still a season ticket holder, WSU.... and consider myself a very passionate fan of BOTH clubs. In my case, I feel I have totally justified reasons - in BOTH cases they are my "local, hometown" club, neither were "Glory Armchair" decisions - its just the way life has turned out.

I got away with the two of them not meeting too, for 20 years..... until the last two seasons.

Anyway - there can be reasons why someone supports two clubs. Its odd, but I dont feel less passionate about one than the other...... but if you havent moved away and settled elsewhere, you may not understand this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a Geordie, born and bred... taken to St James Park by my dad for the first time in 1969... Newcastle United fan now for 43 years. HOWEVER - Ive lived in Brighton since 1991, married here, went to Sussex Uni as a mature student, my son is born and bred in Brighton. I started going to the Goldstone in 1991 as a neutral, just to watch the football, but by about 1994/95 realised I was really hooked. I was at most games in that BUild a Bonfire 1996-97 season, and have been a season ticket holder at Brighton since the very first game at Withdean, v Mansfield in 1999. Im still a season ticket holder, WSU.... and consider myself a very passionate fan of BOTH clubs. In my case, I feel I have totally justified reasons - in BOTH cases they are my "local, hometown" club, neither were "Glory Armchair" decisions - its just the way life has turned out.

I got away with the two of them not meeting too, for 20 years..... until the last two seasons.

Anyway - there can be reasons why someone supports two clubs. Its odd, but I dont feel less passionate about one than the other...... but if you havent moved away and settled elsewhere, you may not understand this.

So did you not support one or the other in the two cup games?

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Im sorry i cannot understand anyone supporting more than one team, apart from Arsenal & Arsenal reserves

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
May have already been said, but isn't Jordan from Rizzle Kicks a half/half Brighton/Arsenal fan. I believe he was a season ticket holder at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here