Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antone else refused entry to teh Sportsman on Saturday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at 2 oclock...they stopped people going in because they only had 3 staff memebrs on and no-one was getting served.

LOAD OF SHITE

Anyone know somewhere decent to drink before the gate.

the Sportsman can Foxtrot Oscar

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The very few times I've ventured in there before a game you spend half an hour getting to the bar.

Rarely drink before the game, but when I have I've found it far less stressful to drink near the station and get on the train to Preston Park, or share a cab with the numerous other fans doing exactly the same thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep. Me and my 2 boys. We were supposed to meet Bevendean Hillbilly but alas I had to blow him out.

The Sportsman is dire. Takes far far too long to get served.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I never bother because the service is so shit, but on Saturday I got there early so I could meet some friends in the pub. Charmless tosser on the door said "Pub's closed".

Clearly a waste of time trying to hold a conversation, so I went and tried to shelter from the snow with a tepid cup of tea.

I knew it was a mistake. I shall never darken their shithole again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Welcome to the club dave. Its the shittiest place considering you have the station, brewery tap, park view, long man of wilminton.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We got there around 2:10 and got let in immediately, and had a nice drink outside. Lovely.:wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That pub needs bulldozing. The service has always been pathetic, and any Albion fan who still goes there really gets all they deserve. Plenty of decent boozers more deserving of your money.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They have 2 members of staff to serve 200 customers. Hopeless, take your custom elsewhere, have a drink in hove and 5 minutes in a taxi from Hove Town Hall.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
at 2 oclock...they stopped people going in because they only had 3 staff memebrs on and no-one was getting served.

LOAD OF SHITE

Who is this Antone Else, and why exactly was he refused entry, the people of NSC have a right to know.

:lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was also wondering what Antone else had done

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I like The Sportsman, yeah it takes a while to get served but I expect that from the only pub next to the ground. Saturday was bad though because I heard that it was only a 3 hour shift and there was no extra cash for it being easter so the staff didn't want to do a shift for £13 - can't say I blame them!

Just gutted it's shut after the games these days

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Why should they have been paid more to work Saturday, the Bank Holidays are Good Friday and Easter Monday, Saturday and Sunday are normal.

Normally I would agree with you but the pub, because it was Easter decided that they wouldn't open up at all after the game or for the rest of the day. If they are making special conditions on opening hours due to it being easter then they should have done the same with the staffs wages. I think anyway

Jan 30, 2008

LOAD OF SHITE

i suppose after harty's offer to some people to "meet" him there ,it was always going to be busy?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I would normally reccomend the Brewery Tap, but it only had one person behind the bar on Saturday.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Ladies Mile is the place to be! Taxi rank and bus stop which drops you off outside the ground opposite their front door. Easy access from the A23 for those, like me, coming greater distances 'up north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here