Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti Steve Coppell

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
How can you criticise his decision to leave when you see where he is now? It was a good decision, no?

He's a good man and is rightly highly regarded in football. He supports Falmer wholeheartedly and has given up time to help us in the fight. Describing him as your most hated person in football is surely unfathomable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie's got a great photo somewhere of a smiling - yes, SMILING - Steve Coppell supporting the Albion on one of its more recent seafront marches, long after he'd left the club. Top manager & a top man IMHO :bowdown:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Les Biehn said:
That doesn't even rhyme.
this does you are heading for a smack attack
by the mack mac mac

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Complete Badger said:
:lolol:

What a great word 'spazoid' is! I don't doubt he is a good manager, but I think he should have kept us up and he took the piss when walking out. Seeing as Brighton are the only team I support, I therefore dislike him. It's funny how opinions can differ so greatly. I must have been the only person at the time of the Reading offer desperate for him to go.

Glad you liked it!

I'm not sure how you can say he should have kept us up. Most teams that get relegated spend at least one week out of the bottom three. If Rotherham get relegated will you think that their manager should have kept them up? I don't think he took the piss when he left either. He was offered a better opportunity, took some time to think about it and then left. He's never slagged us off since leaving, never belittles us and infact always appears positive about us and his time here.

One point we can at least agree on...it is funny how opinions can differ so greatly!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Boring man but a football genius. Not sure what he could have realistically achieved by staying with us ... and what he's achieved at Reading is amazing. I've got a lot of respect for him and don't see why any BHA fans should feel any bitterness/anger towards him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
4) He buggered off to Reading at the first opportunity, despite his FAILURE the previous season

he wouldnt of buggered off if dick knight hadnt of virtually pushed him out - like he did for cullip. should we hate him too for leaving when the chairman agreed to a fee?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
jonny.rainbow said:
Never change the words. Why doesn't someone come up with a new chant that is anti-Jordan?

(dedicated follower of fashion)

We seek him he, we seek in there
That homophobic little wanker with long hair
Simon Jordan is the Chairman of a shitty little club
He's the dedicated wanker of the Palace

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Gazwag said:
(dedicated follower of fashion)

We seek him he, we seek in there
That homophobic little wanker with long hair
Simon Jordan is the Chairman of a shitty little club
He's the dedicated wanker of the Palace

You're a poet and you didn't know it! :jester:

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
The scum was in charge when we lost 5 - 0 at Selhurst, he took us down then f*cked off when he got a better offer, he should be erased from our record books the man is 100% palace scum.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
I cant believe the critism of Steve Coppell
he along with Adams and Taylor were good appointments and they only moved on when it was obvious that there was no money to improve the team.
They have their own futures to consider and anyone with ambition would have done the same.
I suppose these critics have some weird and wonderful reasons for Readings success,they are biased because of the Palace factor.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We got relegated under Coppell, sure, but IMHO he's an excellent manager, and appears to be a very nice guy.

It bites to see Reading doing so well, but I'm pleased for him, as one of the few managers in the Premiership who takes responsbility for his team and doesn't blame everyone else, ie referees.

I was disappointed when he left the Albion, but under the circumstances I couldn't blame him. Considering his longstanding Palace connection, it says an awful lot about the guy that so many Albion fans ARE appreciative of him, and he deserves some respect.

Simon Jordan, on the other hand...:tosser: in fact I like Steve Coppell even MORE in the knowledge that Jordan can't stand him, yet would bite his own arm off to have a manager of that quality at Palace right now
:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Yorkie's got a great photo somewhere of a smiling - yes, SMILING - Steve Coppell supporting the Albion on one of its more recent seafront marches, long after he'd left the club. Top manager & a top man IMHO :bowdown:

Here it is. As for the VD song, when he was at the first Fans Forum he actually asked us to continue singing it because it was a backhanded compliment. It shows he could take a joke.
I also believe he was reluctant to leave but I have been told that DK persuaded him the compensation money from Reading would benefit the club.

stevecoppellcc4.th.jpg

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
As Yorkie said - he never had a problem with it and neither do I. He is undoubtedly a quality manager but his record at Brighton has nothing to do with the song - the song's just a relic, which happens to have Coppell's name in it.

"Going down Old Shoreham Road...."

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
gollum said:
Anybody out there fed up with the anti Steve Coppell chants? He took us from being virtual certainties for relegation to a chance of staying up on the final day of the season. When he left us, he left us top of the Third Division with a team good enough to go on and win promotion. Despite leaving the club, he still actively supports the club in it's quest for Falmer, and has joined the pro Falmer marches. So why do people still hate him? Is it because of his past at Palace, or for going to Reading. If you were given the opportunity to further your career, would you have done the same?

No not all, he's a Pala*se w*nker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here