Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti Steve Coppell

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oooh if only LI was here. Hes not so I will say it:

Coppell failed to keep us up and took us down because we did not match Stoke result for result in the latter part of the season. The facts speak for themselves (regardless he only started on 4 points) so THERE.

Also he never rated Adam Virgo and as we all know Mark SUPERMAN McGhee made him into a £1.5m player.

And Im LI and my opinion is right.

**TMLS thinks Coppell was a very good manager by the way and it should be changed to Jordan**

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Top Manager and bloke. He showed what a man he was on his first trip to Withdean as manager of Brentford. Didn't respond to the abuse we hurled at him. And took the three points.

And after he left he left a bag of his training kit for the Mailing List sponsors of his kit.

And what a job he has done with Reading. Top manager.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
26-10-02 said:
Sir Steve lives about 100 yards from me and I often see him walking around the cricket green .It is true he has fond memories of al his clubs but get over yourselves as he is Palace through and through.:bowdown:

You can tell he is Palace through and through by the way he struts around your idyllic village green..what a master you are.

Peter Taylor lives near me and I often see him mowing his lawn. I am a master of knowing which club a person is through and through, through watching that person's mowing technique and can therefore tell you he is Spurs through and through. Get over yourself!..

:wave:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
SC is a great manager and a good guy.
I have nothing but good things to say about him.
He didnt rush off to Reading either, he thought long and hard about staying with us when many would have left without a moments thought.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Perry Milkins said:
You can tell he is Palace through and through by the way he struts around your idyllic village green..what a master you are.

Peter Taylor lives near me and I often see him mowing his lawn. I am a master of knowing which club a person is through and through, through watching that person's mowing technique and can therefore tell you he is Spurs through and through. Get over yourself!..

:wave:
Sorry very uninformative post by me as usual.:p My son plays for the team so I am often there and take the opportunity to talk to one of footballs true gents and managerial geniuses.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
26-10-02 said:
Sorry very uninformative post by me as usual.:p My son plays for the team so I am often there and take the opportunity to talk to one of footballs true gents and managerial geniuses.

And Im sure if I saw him and talked to him coz Im an Albion fan he would also wax lyrical about his time here as well....

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
First off we spell out the scum name..then..we advise that Mr Coppell has an unpleasent disease - what is the link there?

We continue with the original wording of the song and conclude with the Crystal Palace eff off home..why..no sense no meaning. Just complete tosh.

In summary the song is painfully out of date, ill-informed and juvenile. there are much better anti-scum songs to sing such as 'My ole man said be a Palace Fan.... They actually hang together lyric wise.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Complete Badger said:
1) He is Palace
2) He got us RELEGATED, after being in a safe position
3) He took the piss out of us by not signing a contract in the summer of 2003
4) He buggered off to Reading at the first opportunity, despite his FAILURE the previous season

I HATE him. If I had to compile a list of people in football I thoroughly dislike, and there wouldn't be very many at all, he would be number 1:angry:

Didn't he take over in October 2002, when we were 24th, having just lost 12 in a row?

Safe?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
1) He is Palace
4) He buggered off to Reading at the first opportunity, despite his FAILURE the previous season

I HATE him. If I had to compile a list of people in football I thoroughly dislike, and there wouldn't be very many at all, he would be number 1:angry:

Are you LI in disguise?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
1) He is Palace

cant agree with you there, he did really well to almost keep us up.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
In February 2003, we were OUT of the bottom 3, ie safe. He dragged us back into it, with some limp performances (I'm thinking Preston at home, which was truly pathetic).

You could also argue, with the aid of lies, damn lies and STATISTICS, that his record of 1.28 points per the (32) games he was in charge that season, would have been enough to keep us up with something to spare, if he had been brought in earlier.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not fed up with the chants at all , the bloke is palace through and through. I supported him while here but the manor in which he left meant that all songs fair game.

Brought up on Coppell VD chants,

long may it continue

P-A-L A-C-E

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I play at the same golf club as him, its not posh or flash, kind of sums up how down to earth he is when most other footballers and managers wouldnt be seen dead there, he always says hello and although I dont know him well enough to have long chats, he still looks for the Brighton result and has a soft spot for us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
1) He is Palace

Blimey TCB, you've gone a bit spazoid in that post.

1)He's also man utd. He's also a professional.
2)He took over a team that were the laughing stock of the entire football league and took us very close to staying up. He did that by rebuilding and remolding a team lacking players of an adequate standard and morale. If you compare his record for the 34 games he was in charge with the other 23 teams in the league then we wouldn't have been a bottom 3 team.
3)As far as I'm aware he doesn't like to sign contracts and certainly doesn't sign long term ones.
4)Adams and Taylor also 'buggered off at the first opportunity'. I think Coppel's on record as saying it was a tough decision to make and that if Falmer had been on the go then he wouldn't have made it.

Coppell is clearly a very good manager. He did wonders at Palace, did well with us and Brentford and has done very well so far at reading. The only blemis on his record is the month at man city(and that he did so well at palace...)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:

1)He's also man utd.
2)He took over a team that were the laughing stock of the entire football league and took us very close to staying up. He did that by rebuilding and remolding a team lacking players of an adequate standard and morale. If you compare his record for the 34 games he was in charge with the other 23 teams in the league then we wouldn't have been a bottom 3 team.

He's also a scouser...

The Sporting life published half season tables from christmas to the end of that season.

We were 13th. FACT

So you are quite correct!

Early season results dont matter tho.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here