Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti climax ???

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Here's one of these bandwagon-jumping newbies we were warned about!!

Honestly mush, you can NOT have been supporting The Albion through thick and thin.
"humble affair" was all it ever purported to be - so it must be the Stadium you are referring to that isn't up to your idea of World Cup Final Every Frickin Week.

Please hurry up and bog off.

Firstly MNH i will NOT bog off
I have been a loyal albion fan for over 30 years! season ticket holder for over 10 years and have experienced all the lows and highs though out just because i dont have nearly 27 thousand posts it does not make me any less of a fan than others or a bandwagon- jumping newbie as you put it. And if you read my original post I did NOT say that I thought it was an anti-climax just asked a question as a lot of people i know expressed negative feedback to me and wanted others opinions after all it is'nt that what forums are for. I in fact was not at the match and am over the moon with our new stadium!!!!!

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I have been a loyal albion fan for over 30 years! season ticket holder for over 10 years and have experienced all the lows and highs though out just because i dont have nearly 27 thousand posts it does not make me any less of a fan than others or a bandwagon- jumping newbie as you put it. And if you read my original post I did NOT say that I thought it was an anti-climax just asked a question as a lot of people i know expressed negative feedback to me and wanted others opinions after all it is'nt that what forums are for. I in fact was not at the match and am over the moon with our new stadium!!!!!

:clap2::amex:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I know yesterdays match was only a humble affair but did anyone who was there get that ' is that it' feeling after so much expectation about the stadium?

Only two reasons you would feel like that >>
1. Your not a Brighton fan
2. You have severe Bi-Polar disorder
NUFF SAID !!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Blimey mate if you didn't find the whole experience enthralling, if you didn't get a tingle down your spine when Knight, Perry and Bloom where flashed up on the screen late on (yes even I) if you didn't appreciate the significance of that momment, then do someone a favour, go on ticket exhange and make someone without a Donny ticket very very happy.

Yes the football weren't up to much except when the player who had been with the club 13 years , who played through the dark times at Gillingham , who has waited all his career to play in a match at the stadium he has been promised for at least 11 of those 13 years , plays in the very first match and scores the very first goal. Well if you find that an anti climax frankly you were in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Blimey mate if you didn't find the whole experience enthralling, if you didn't get a tingle down your spine when Knight, Perry and Bloom where flashed up on the screen late on (yes even I) if you didn't appreciate the significance of that momment, then do someone a favour, go on ticket exhange and make someone without a Donny ticket very very happy.

Yes the football weren't up to much except when the player who had been with the club 13 years , who played through the dark times at Gillingham , who has waited all his career to play in a match at the stadium he has been promised for at least 11 of those 13 years , plays in the very first match and scores the very first goal. Well if you find that an anti climax frankly you were in the wrong place.

Possibly the finest post i've ever read by you HB&B.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Only two reasons you would feel like that >>
1. Your not a Brighton fan
2. You have severe Bi-Polar disorder
NUFF SAID !!!

Clearly some people are not reading my OP properly or have missunderstood it. It is not MY view that it was an anti-climax so please stop having a go at a very very long seagulls supporter who is thrilled by our new stadium.
NUFF SAID

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
attended yesterday and have to say i wasnt blown away , the blind leading the blind stewards in charge of traffic/parking was so bad it was funny . the one way in and out accross narrow bridge is going to mean surely away fans kept in otherwise it will be carnage , especially on that platform at falmer . how long till some mown over on the a27 trying a short cut as three idiots tried yesterday ! inside ground one quality stand , 2 average and one joke . Pitch was quality . I think there is going to be some big issues with large crowds bearing in mind there was only 7000 there which was also surprising as 1500 eastbourne boro fans . 3000 UNSOLD SEATS .
Either this is a pathetic attempt at a wind-up or you never, ever attended a game at Withdean.

Nothing game or not I had a lump in my throat when I got to the stadium and spent most of the time before kick-off wandering around in a somewhat glazed over state, not quite able to believe that this was finally it. For me it was worth the tenner to finally get into the place and see the first match. Even with work still to do it still knocks spots off some of the other 'new' grounds I've been to, including St Mary's and the Walkers Stadium for a start.

No way was this an anti-climax, this is just part of the build-up to the first full house. And given the noise that 20 blokes can project from th north stand it's going to be quite a noisy place. The only thing that mystified me a bit was the complete lack of any noise from the boro fans despite the fact that there were about 1500 of them. If they were that quiet last season then no wonder they got relegated as every home match must have felt like an away one to their players.

Clearly some people are not reading my OP properly or have missunderstood it. It is not MY view that it was an anti-climax so please stop having a go at a very very long seagulls supporter who is thrilled by our new stadium.
NUFF SAID

All I'll say then, is you ought to read your thread-starting post before you post and look at the spectrum of interpretations available.

Almost NOBODY will have guessed that you were not at the game when asking if it was an "anti-climax".
A look around NSC as a forum and you will see that moaners and complainers are rife, annoying (esp. considering the track record suffered by The Albion) and your thread really does take the proverbial biscuit when intimating anything about let-downs re The Amex.

Even if we had a rebuilt replica of The Goldstone (romantic reflections aside), any respecting Albion fan would probably say "I'll take it!"
We have landed, on our feet, and in a virtual nirvana in stadium comparison terms.

If it's now "clear" that people misinterpreted - then look at the numbers who you feel have 'misread' and think about whether that was their(our) fault.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All I'll say then, is you ought to read your thread-starting post before you post and look at the spectrum of interpretations available.

Almost NOBODY will have guessed that you were not at the game when asking if it was an "anti-climax".
A look around NSC as a forum and you will see that moaners and complainers are rife, annoying (esp. considering the track record suffered by The Albion) and your thread really does take the proverbial biscuit when intimating anything about let-downs re The Amex.

Even if we had a rebuilt replica of The Goldstone (romantic reflections aside), any respecting Albion fan would probably say "I'll take it!"
We have landed, on our feet, and in a virtual nirvana in stadium comparison terms.

If it's now "clear" that people misinterpreted - then look at the numbers who you feel have 'misread' and think about whether that was their(our) fault.
Brilliant post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here