Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti climax ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
attended yesterday and have to say i wasnt blown away , the blind leading the blind stewards in charge of traffic/parking was so bad it was funny . the one way in and out accross narrow bridge is going to mean surely away fans kept in otherwise it will be carnage , especially on that platform at falmer . how long till some mown over on the a27 trying a short cut as three idiots tried yesterday ! inside ground one quality stand , 2 average and one joke . Pitch was quality . I think there is going to be some big issues with large crowds bearing in mind there was only 7000 there which was also surprising as 1500 eastbourne boro fans . 3000 UNSOLD SEATS .
oh no we've got another one.

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
Not at all never went to one of the open days the club held this was my first visit and was loving every second of it

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
My Experience was Like what alot of these posts have said really, just so glad to be there when so many couldnt Dead or Alive!! I would rather have my experience yest forever than be stuck at Withdean!!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
To the palace fan which of the 4 stands is ajoke then,personally waiting for the real thing on aug 6th:bigwave:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To the palace fan which of the 4 stands is ajoke then,personally waiting for the real thing on aug 6th:bigwave:

Absolutely spot on. We are Brighton, not Real Madrid. I had to keep pinching myself in disbelief at what we have there. All the plaudits to Knight, Perry and of course Bloom, it's a fantastic stadium.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beats having 3 joke stands and the AW..

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I had a great day but I sort of understand where the OP is coming from. Is it better than St Marys to a Saints fan....probably not...Is it better than Madjeski for a Reading fan....probably not. Is it ours yes.....and that's what makes it special to us and it is a fantastic feeling looking around the stadium when you are sitting in a comfy seat and taking in the atmosphere

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Unbelievable.

The place is awesome. OK it was a quarter full but I loved every minute. It's gonna ROCK when its full.

Definitely agree with this.
My 11yr old daughter said to me yesterday if thats the noise from the north stand when it's only 1/4 full she can't wait.
We are in the family stand and she is looking forward to joining in with all the songs/chants (with a few choice words removed or replaced).
Sitting in the family stand at withdean she didn't believe w ha more than 2 or 3 songs. Even after yesterday now she does.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I was literally so over whelmed! I kept having to ask my mate if this was really ours! and checking it wasn't an away day! Then suddenly the PA system kicked in and a little bit of wee came out! It was like a dream, a dream which we will all be reliving every other week for the rest of our lives! the place is going to be intimidating to opposing teams! I can't wait for the 6th August... I'm going to spurs but I really want the season to start NOW!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a beautiful stadium, the level playing field that has been 14 years in the making, and the spec is much much higher than we had any right to expect. How on earth say you say 'Is that it?' ??? Sake!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Give the OP a break, I am sure he means what were your thoughts and used a bad example possibly! So many tend to just jump on the tiniest of comments/questions!

Anyway it was a climax for me, no anti in it! Great stadium. Wasn't going to the Spurs game but have changed my mind and bought my seat this pm. As a poster above said, want to see how much it has come on from yesterdays match. Precisely why I want to go.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stunned by the theme of this thread. It seems that the decade plus gap has messed with some people's minds and that the realisation of what has been delivered is not fully understood.

Perhaps anyone wishing to buy a ticket at the Amex should be forced to read Build a Bonfire or go through a full one day induction to make sure they are fully aware of the enormity of what happened to the Albion. There were days when I never thought I would see this happen.

I am saving my first game for the Doncaster game. I can tell you now that as I enter the stadium I will have memories of York City, of that last ever Doncaster Game; of Jimmy Case speaking to fans outside the West Stand, of the drive I did to Gillingham every other week; of the faces of those fans pleading with others to boycott entrance to a Goldstone game; of Belotti being forced from the stands; of that sunny day against Mansfield; of the Yes Yes campaign leaflet delivery; of sitting in a car by the side of Hove Park crying when Reinelt scored... And more memories beside.

That stadium is full of the sacrifices people have made for us to be there, it's full of the hopes for the future and it's full of the sheer determination that such scandalous actions will never happen to this club again.

Anti-climax? No. We've only just begun.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Stunned by the theme of this thread. It seems that the decade plus gap has messed with some people's minds and that the realisation of what has been delivered is not fully understood.

Perhaps anyone wishing to buy a ticket at the Amex should be forced to read Build a Bonfire or go through a full one day induction to make sure they are fully aware of the enormity of what happened to the Albion. There were days when I never thought I would see this happen.

I am saving my first game for the Doncaster game. I can tell you now that as I enter the stadium I will have memories of York City, of that last ever Doncaster Game; of Jimmy Case speaking to fans outside the West Stand, of the drive I did to Gillingham every other week; of the faces of those fans pleading with others to boycott entrance to a Goldstone game; of Belotti being forced from the stands; of that sunny day against Mansfield; of the Yes Yes campaign leaflet delivery; of sitting in a car by the side of Hove Park crying when Reinelt scored... And more memories beside.

That stadium is full of the sacrifices people have made for us to be there, it's full of the hopes for the future and it's full of the sheer determination that such scandalous actions will never happen to this club again.

Brilliant post! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To the OP: A BIG FAT 'NO!'

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011

This sums it all up for me and this stadium delivers SO much more than could have been expected and when its full.....

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
this game was exactly what it said it was the mickey mouse cup final, game for all stadium staff to test out the running of the place, and to put right any problems they had for the next big game, also there were a lot of brighton supporters who wanted to experience their first visit to the stadium with a capacity crowd and an atmosphere of a united home crowd 3 times that of the usual at withdean, when it comes to the first league game the place will be bouncing and the club will show us all the way to celebrate the "real" opening of our new home we call the american express community stadium.....personally i can't wait for every home game to come soon enough...:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here