Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert signs a 3.5 year deal with the Albion

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
How many can play left back Bong and Rosenior with Calderon showing he is well past it now we would be back to square one, which caused our drop and we wouldnt want the same to happen in March or April.

Wait, hold-up.... you're saying Calderon is well past it but want to replace one 34 year old with another? Something doesn't quite compute there.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Great signing, hope he helps get us up. He an Lua Lua will be a handful for any defence and a genuine replacement for Solly March until he is available again to compete for a place.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wait, hold-up.... you're saying Calderon is well past it but want to replace one 34 year old with another? Something doesn't quite compute there.

The difference being that JLloyd Samuel has played most of his career in The Premier, a higher standard, and is a left back Calderon has neither of those attributes.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was thinking more of him shopping in Leicester.

Excellent, add some casual racism to the list of reasons to ignore your posts.

Will you please stop hijacking every single thread with your obsession about our left-back situation. Even if Bong and Rosenior don't fully recover, we have Calde, if that doesn't work we can get someone in on loan.

Please also stop reading that Panini sticker album from 2005 trying to find potential signings, do you know any footballers under the age of 25? Crouch, Samuel, Agbonlahor, Murray, Baros.... Give it up.

This is a thread about a really positive signing that will show some real intent and you keep dragging them all down to the same level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Noo BHA Perhaps you could have a word with him to approach the club as he is a free agent. Do you not agree we cannot afford to be caught out again if anything happened in March /April.

Bens Grandad now handling our transfer dealings - we're in safe hands folks :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bens Grandad now handling our transfer dealings - we're in safe hands folks :)

I actually had a chuckle when I read that post as well. It fell a bit like a bloke in a pub saying. There's a job going down at Halfords or Mc Donald's. Give them a ring and see if it is still available

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Great news. I think he has genuine premiership ambition.

Get Lua Lua back.

Strengthen our strikers (whatever that means) and we will be golden!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I dont know but CH will have greater knowledge than me but one name came up recently JLloyd Samuel 34 years old ex Villa returning from Qatar looking for a club. I have no idea what his wage demand would be but at 34 he isnt going to be in great demand and hr may be able to do for us what Tarrico did under Gus. . Or you go the other way and go for a better younger one who may make the Premier, either way out Chicksen and replace him.

When you say "returning from Qatar" you mean "just finished playing for Pakyan, an Iranian club in the Persian Gulf Pro League". When you say "ex Villa" you mean "last played in the Championship in 2011 managing a huge SIX games for Cardiff, having been too gash to play for BOLTON". When you say "34" you mean "past it". When you say "came up recently" you mean "you suddenly remembered his name while making a cup of tea and logging on to Football Rumours".

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Delighted with this signing. Assuming the injured players are on schedule for their proposed returns I think there'll be just the one striker signing to come - and I feel it will be even more exciting than Knockaert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here