Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert signs a 3.5 year deal with the Albion

Dec 29, 2011
Almost broke our transfer record on a winger. Apparently on £28k a week (I'm not buying it). Looks like we're going for it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Imagine the 2 grand a year includes the possible promotion bonus and any other 'possible' clauses. But could well be 15-20k a week. Massive for us!

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Please can someone confirm how much is a million? I was always taught it is a thousand thousand, it would appear we are talking USA millions which are one hundred thousand, or have I got this completely round my neck?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Please can someone confirm how much is a million? I was always taught it is a thousand thousand, it would appear we are talking USA millions which are one hundred thousand, or have I got this completely round my neck?
You are entirely round your neck.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

No you are thinking about a billion. It used to be a million million but we have since adopted the thousand million USA standard.

Let's not concern ourselves with billions until we are promoted.....

Dec 29, 2011

A million is the same world over. A billion differs as some countries call 1,000 x one million = one billion, while others call one million X one million = one billion. So I don't think it makes a difference in this instance, unless he cost us a few billion, in which case there are bigger questions to be asked.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
He certainly said all the right things about how he will fit in. Looks like we're sticking with 442 or a variant of it if he has been told its the same formation he played at Leicester

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"HLN's detailed report explains that Brighton initially offered €2.25m, but this was outright refused by Standard.
Brighton returned with a fresh bid at 5pm yesterday, and the increased amount of €3.5m saw Standard accept."

"The player will receive a salary of a whopping €2m a year at Brighton, with HLN saying that's double what he earned with Standard."

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/midfielder-flies-from-spain-to-sign-for-brighton-hove-albion-2m-a

Nice to see the club no play hard ball when the 1st offer was refused to get the deal done.

That's £28,000 a week.

Unlikely I reckon

[tweet]685366681561075713[/tweet]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One would assume that the agent of of any player available out of ontract would ring clubs to ask about any possibility of a contract etc. So why shouldnt his agent ring Brighton especially as our left back situation isnt unknown.

Actually - You are 100% correct in that regard BG, thats exactly what does happen. Their Agents tout them round every club. The bit about your post which made me have a slight chuckle to myself was the fact that you suggested that I tell him to contact Brighton. I wasn't actually laughing at you, I just found it quite amusing and quite funny.

And perhaps if I was on the Agen't 20% Commission plus VAT of any contract he obtained then I would have been tempted to follow up on your suggestion. And by the way don't sop posting your suggestions. I like reading them

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[tweet]685366681561075713[/tweet]

Actually £2m is probably about right for a fairly high profile player at the top Championship sides.

When you see salaries quoted in newspapers for the top Premiership players. They are often net of Tax and NIC amounts because when Agents negotiate, they usually negotiate for a net amount for their client. I suspect the figure quoted for Knockeart in that article is a Gross figure though, before tax and NIC deductions.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Notice on the argus website we initially made contact in november to enquire about signing knockaert

This could be the piece of the puzzle we needed. With KZ getting back to fitness and playing on the left, and Knockaert on the right, our forwards are finally gonna start getting some decent deliveries. We have some cover at the back now, and Towell looks like he could have some goals in him if we switched to a 4411 formation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here