Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another striker we couldn't get.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Seems something is amiss here .. I would love to know all the facts before passing judgement , but given Dicks statement on SCR a few days ago and the fact no transfer fee is involved you have to wonder.. Are Noel G-W;s wages really that high that we cant afford them or would it be a case of upsetting the wage structure within the club !

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
tinx said:
This just sounds like bullsht, Dick Knight says there is funds available and players don't want to come becasue of withdean then when someone is available and wants to come and fits the profile he says we can't afford it. So which is it?

Looks like the marketing man is spreading marketing bullshit around to me

yep

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
tinx said:
This just sounds like bullsht, Dick Knight says there is funds available and players don't want to come becasue of withdean then when someone is available and wants to come and fits the profile he says we can't afford it. So which is it?

Looks like the marketing man is spreading marketing bullshit around to me

Yep without a shadow of a doubt.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sargey said:
Can i ask how you know that ???

Could it possible that no one gets signed at this club unless Dick rates them??

DK rated El Turi :angry: :angry: :angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Albion Rob said:
If it is only £3.5k per week mthen the fact we have been priced out is very worrying.

Why is that worrying?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Race said:
Why is that worrying?

because it shows that we have given up on signing a half-decent striker to maintain championship status.

if we had £180,000 to pay for unknown tom brighton a couple of months back and won't take on a contract ending next year i believe at roughly the same cost, then the club have accepted relegation.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
Common Dick just be honest with us WHY didn;t we sign this man if he would be on less than Leon Knight was on?

You dont know how much Leon was on though, no one knows anything about how much anyone earns on here, sorry but its true.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Race said:
You dont know how much Leon was on though, no one knows anything about how much anyone earns on here, sorry but its true.

Leons ex Bank manager who posts on here does

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
I am starting to believe those who say we never did have the money at all! WE the fans pay alot of money to support the team I think it is time the club start being honest with us all!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It might have been a case of...sure you can sign him but if we go down you will have to lose X ???

Maybe McGhee thought he wasn't worth the risk considering our position... 6 weeks ago maybe.

Also is there not a difference in paying 180k for a player who maybe worth something in the future as opposed to pissing that money away on wages for a player who has gone on a free twice in the last 2 seasons and has no sellable value

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
why should they be honest, football is a business and we are customers. Its about making money, its not a cooperative

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dougal said:
Leons ex Bank manager who posts on here does

Whatever. I wouldnt necessarily believe anything he would have to say, unless hes actually seen his contract that is which I doubt very much, and I know our bank manager wouldnt have a clue.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Originally posted by Stinky Kat
why should they be honest, football is a business and we are customers. Its about making money, its not a cooperative

Its about more than making money, what an awful statemant to make. We are no Man utd FFS! This club has been through the mill as we all know DK is a legend but I think he needs to be honest to people who are more than just customers!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here