Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh well such is life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time to recall McCammon? We ain't gonna get anyone else so got to be worth one last chance imo.

*ducks*

Can't help thinking that it should have been the chairman giving that interview, but MM seems to have shouldered the responsibility of taking the fans ire for something in which he has no say as well as the flak for the team's performances, got to respect that.

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
magoo said:
i thought money wasn't really an issue?

Hasn't money allways been been issue..?

The Club asked for us to keep it going - pretty desperate times for any club- and the '40 notes fund' raised what.. 10% of it's intended amount ?

Think DK is prudently thinking about life in Div 1 and Millwall are not, despite posting big losses recently..

One bright spot - Turienzo is prob starting for the today - lets REALLY hope he something (anything?) to offer.!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i just hope he dosent come back to bite us in the arse next week !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This just sounds like bullsht, Dick Knight says there is funds available and players don't want to come becasue of withdean then when someone is available and wants to come and fits the profile he says we can't afford it. So which is it?

Looks like the marketing man is spreading marketing bullshit around to me

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
tinx said:
This just sounds like bullsht, Dick Knight says there is funds available and players don't want to come becasue of withdean then when someone is available and wants to come and fits the profile he says we can't afford it. So which is it?

Looks like the marketing man is spreading marketing bullshit around to me

Yep

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
They cant expect us to keep putting up with this week after week. McGhee and Knight keep saying it's not their fault its money or withdean or whatever and for the fans to understand...........well what I am confused by is that we have been looking for a man to lead the line all season and with 7 games left and 3 days before the loan deadline we are still being told that they are TRYING. Why didn't they just admit that we were never going to get anyone in that we needed!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The problem is that Burnley want us to take over his contract which has a year to run, which means we would be paying him championship wages while we're in league one. Not something this club can really afford to do.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Agreed but my point is that this is just another failed attempt, If the club had just said we cant get a striker in and not made such a big deal about how hard they have been trying then all this would have been easier to accept!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
80's Seagull said:
The problem is that Burnley want us to take over his contract which has a year to run, which means we would be paying him championship wages while we're in league one. Not something this club can really afford to do.

its a fair point but he might score the goals that get the points that keep us up.

If we were ok to throw 18k at Tom brighton then isnt a "tried and tested" striker worht a gamble.

Maybe DK knows what we all really know and thinks we are down already

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well, just the Arsenal youngsters to be let down on now:( :(

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this is f* king pis*ed me off this morning,

where has the 180k for tom brighton suddenly gone ? thats without questioning other finances.
Can't afford is a total contradiction to what we have been told only 2 weeks ago.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Albion Miss Out On Striker"

Thats what will be inscribed on our relegation tombstone next month. Its worn more than a little thin. The fact remains that we are STILL going to need a decent 20-goals a season striker next year in League One to play alongside CKR if we are to have ANY pretensions of being in next seasons promotion shake-up. Knight quite candidly said on the phone-in that there IS money available for McGhee, that it "wasn't an issue", citing Withdean as the big reason why players won't come to the club. Well here was a chance to prove it, but once again, we're not even at the races to try for this player. Everyone knows the club has very limited resources, but here was an opportunity to sign a good experienced striker for nothing, no transfer fee, just picking up his contract for a year to acquire his services. And we can't even do that.

If theres actually no money whatsoever for McGhee then I wish Dick would just SAY so. At least we all know where we stand then. But after saying completely the opposite on the phone-in less than 2 weeks ago, all he does is give everyone false hope. I suppose the best we can look forward to is another gamble on some unknown foreigner in the summer, like the last two years, when we could've had a go at signing someone with a bit of League experience under his belt.

Ahh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here