Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Am I the one who think Elphick was also to blame for that fiasco? Not as much as Casper but I have no idea what he was doing. The rest of the defence pushed up but Elphick seemed to switch off and started wandering backwards right into Casper's path.

No. No you are not the only one. I agree.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes. Of course, we aren't allowed to question the manager as everyone is so in love with him, but for me Gus has signed three keepers and they're all shit. You've got to criticise him on this I'm afraid, because I imagine we're now in a position where we can't afford another.

I wasnt so sure when he signed, For me you have to spend big on two areas on a team A keeper and a Forward, they are the areas that win /lose you points. Should have brought someone like Owain Fon Williams

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm going to have to watch this again, because I thought Elphick dealt with it perfectly by letting it go through to the keeper. I also thought the two players weren't even that close to each other.

I'm not going to disagree with you until I see it again as well as everyone has a different view, but my view of it was Elphick (perhaps inadertantly) blocked Ankergren getting to the ball. They were very close to each other indeed at the time of the f*** up.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
can anybody remember the mistake brezovan made when he arrived ?give the man a chance:rant:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you're referring to the one at Wycombe where he dropped the ball in the six yard box unchallenged, and an attacker put it in? If you are, I think you'll find it was very different circumstances. For one, that was only in the first half, which meant we had plenty of time to come back and win the game (which we did, scoring 4 times). As well as that, we have just dropped two points against a side who didn't look good enough to draw with us with ten men! This sort of thing really is the difference between going up and going down, and needs to be addressed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolutely agree with you. Goalkeeper is the key position and Gus is continuing to fail us when it comes to buying in this area. I genuinely think he suffers from the South American syndrome of not being able to spot a good number one.

Jimmy Walker or Ben Alnwick will be leaving Spurs shortly, would go after one of those.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Am I the one who think Elphick was also to blame for that fiasco? Not as much as Casper but I have no idea what he was doing. The rest of the defence pushed up but Elphick seemed to switch off and started wandering backwards right into Casper's path.

I thought it was Painter....
El-Abd seemed to have a bit of a rant at him as they lined up again for kick off :shrug:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I'm as keen as anyone to blame Elphick for anything, but to pin this on him is ludicrous. He was simply where he is supposed to be. It's not like he even got in Wankergren's way.

This twat reminds me of Henderson. I just instantly feel nervous as soon as the ball goes in our box. He's got to go, or he'll take Gus down with him.

And us!:mad:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought it was Painter....
El-Abd seemed to have a bit of a rant at him as they lined up again for kick off :shrug:

Was definately Elphick, sat 10 yards deeper than anyone else, and kept backing back which i think made Ankergren panic as to whether Elphick was going to collide with him. Both their faults in my opinion.
Owain Fon Williams should have been brought in... the money put towards Poke and Casper would have covered him easily, and Walker could have been cover for 2 games.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Elphick certainly contributed to the f**k up by Ankergren. Right up until the last moment, it looked like Elphick was going to head the ball (God only knows why....?), and then ducked out of the way..............certainly enough to slightly unsight Ankergren.

Nevertheless.....a shocking punch by the keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here