Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor from the argus says drop sussex by the sea?he dosnt even support us

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The other thread has already reached 6 pages whilst reaching pretty much the same conclusion that GOSBTS is a crucial part of our club's heritage and must stay

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sussex by the Sea is one of the few songs around that are linked to a SPECIFIC club - OUR Club. We haven't used a bastardised version of a popular chart song like other clubs. We have a unique song that is part of our club.

Taking away Sussex by the Sea would mean taking away a part of our history and heritage, something we have been fighting to preserve over the past 13 years since we left The Goldstone.

If Andy Naylor, or anyone else for that matter, can't see this then they are STUPID.

Keeping Sussex by the Sea in it's traditional format is absolutely VITAL if we are to move into the future with an understanding and an appreciation of what the past history of the club means.

Play around with the whole 'matchday entertainment' scenario, but please please please DON'T f*** about with our song.

100% spot on.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Well done Andy ....I am almost certain you were :fishing: with that article to sell a few more copies of that sad rag you work for. I cannot believe that the club or anyone else with a brain will take you seriously....

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
And he proposes to get FBS involved, got your finger on the current music scene, eh? Andy

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Sussex by the Sea is one of the few songs around that are linked to a SPECIFIC club - OUR Club. We haven't used a bastardised version of a popular chart song like other clubs. We have a unique song that is part of our club.

Taking away Sussex by the Sea would mean taking away a part of our history and heritage, something we have been fighting to preserve over the past 13 years since we left The Goldstone.

If Andy Naylor, or anyone else for that matter, can't see this then they are STUPID.

Keeping Sussex by the Sea in it's traditional format is absolutely VITAL if we are to move into the future with an understanding and an appreciation of what the past history of the club means.

Play around with the whole 'matchday entertainment' scenario, but please please please DON'T f*** about with our song.

I agree with that 100%, some things are sacrasanct and GOSBTS is one of them.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
On the week that a former board member died, who I believe remodelled the words for the club, and if I am wrong I expect a flaming, Naylors thoughts were rather insensitive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And to think he was a monitor in my year at school, what a total tool

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We know what it's like when SBTS comes on.

But imagine this, does it seem right?

[yt]QstXA0SS_Aw[/yt]

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Andy Naylor supports Stoke doesn't he? He has no right to comment on this, nothing to do with him.

I remember the sadness of hearing Sussex By the Sea in Gillingham, and thinking it was almost all that was left of the club at the time.

It is a complete part of the Albion and our only unique song. Take it away and you take away part of our soul. What is it we've been trying to keep alive all these past 13 years?

Plus, Bamber tried it with Rocky in the 70s, how long did that last?

The main thing that's been happening with SBTS is that the crowd have been singing more of it in recent years. It's a shame we can't settle on a verse, so we can do it properly rather than the first bit being "der der da der der... etc."

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Saying we should get rid of Sussex By The Sea is a bit like saying Liverpool shouldn't bother with You'll Never Walk Alone. Ridiculous.

Feb 14, 2010
My respet to The Sussex regiment that drilled, on h Goldstone then fought and died n the Trenches in World War 1. Who is Andy Naylor? Oh yeah some bloke that wanted to write for a newspaper but got as far as the argus.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Perhaps Andy Naylor, local newspaper hack, extractor of 'news' stories from a fans' message board, Stoke fan, owner of voice for silent cinema, should pipe down and know his place.

GOSBTS stays. End of!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
In my opinion AN thinks he is something special and looks down his nose at the fans. Keep GOSBTS.

Personally, don't want to hear pumped up club music at Falmer, though accept that this, combined with cheap student tickets may increase the fan base !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here