Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor Chants

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Buzzer said:
...so that makes it okay to peddle half-truths and innuendo as fact, eh? and why is it that Andy Naylor and you are allowed an opinion but 700+ other fans aren't?

What he wrote in my opinion was very to the point and I agreed with most of it.......Job done!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:
Fair point!

But if he was telling complete lies and none of what he said was true then slait him to bits...but he is a journalist and its his job to write whats going on at the moment and irrelevant of last night its not been good...so he cant write a fantastic praising article on a club thats been struggling since MM's departure...can he?

I'm not saying he should lie, I'm saying he should leave his agenda out of it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I thought the anti Naylor chants were pathetic. I actually agreed with much of his article, but the DK sheep have been herded and prefer to sing about an Argus hack rather than the team when 3-0 up. PATHETIC!!!!

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:
No..it was just boring fans power last night when chanting...I didnt agree with what was being sung...but when theres so many who do whats the point in arguing!

So if the the 700 had sung in support of say .... McGhee you'd be on here banging on about how the fans had spoken and wanted him back.

:rolleyes:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Albion Dan said:
I thought the anti Naylor chants were pathetic. I actually agreed with much of his article, but the DK sheep have been herded and prefer to sing about an Argus hack rather than the team when 3-0 up. PATHETIC!!!!

Agreed....Now due to the fact of it still being early..that was what i was trying to say.

Just like when sir Mark Mcghee was in charge...at forest away there was more mumbling about mcghee going and cullip being a brighton reject than supporting the team.....Very sad!

And its always the same lot starting these boring ramblings!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ozymandias said:
So if the the 700 had sung in support of say .... McGhee you'd be on here banging on about how the fans had spoken and wanted him back.

:rolleyes:

No I wouldnt be saying anything! Its not nice to be involved with something that I disagree with..I disagreed with MM sacking and that was partly down to the fans and I disagreed with the songs last night..No massive thing I just disagreed with it!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think the chants are what he deserves

Is it me, or all the positive articles he writes about the club all involve lots of player and manager quotes, and all his job is to write he said, before it all

All the negative articles are when he is voicing his opinion and trying to use them as facts, and there will be no/very little quotes from someone at the club

Apparently the chants were picked up by the SCR team, so he must have heard them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My tuppenyworth is that the article went over the top in a couple of places, appeared petty in another but on the whole made some interesting observations. His point about Coppell was an interesting one and in many supporters eyes the sacking of Steve Gritt was appauling.

Andy is under pressure to write column inches. That is is job.....if he wrote every week how wonderful it all was, then people would say he is not being realistic.

What I find really strange at the moment is this culture existing where no-one at the club untouchable. we should all be able to take critisism, God knows we all do on here, and the argument should not be " he is a God, look what he has done in the last 10 odd years" To most fans, the last game is too far away, harking back to 10 years ago and assuming everything is happy in the garden and the moment we get the go ahead for Falmer, everything will be ok again is just as shortsighted.

For what its worth I think DK has done an impossible job in impossible circumstances and if I were him, the nanosecond Kelly says Yes( or No) i would be offski to my retirement in Spain...why does the poor old sod need this hassle?

byf said:

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to voice it.

Naylor is in a rather privileged position of being able to place his opinion, on a constant basis, into a distributed publication. He has NO MORE AUTHORITY in his opinion than anyone else!

However, some people go all melodramatic and start BLITHERING ENDLESSLY ON about their opinion like they are some kinds of freedom-fighters for the right to have an opinion.

for fucks sake man, GET OVER YOUR SELF, and if you need to lick naylor's arse then track him down in the Argus toilets or something.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Naylor has been a snidey little sod for years, Lets face it, the Argus used to be referred to as the Anus (late 1990's) because of his negative and shit stirring activities.
He's a reporter, discord and high feelings sell papers, he's just doing his job. Discord sells papers far more than success ever will. The only manager that he has got on with him is Mcghee .......

If he dishes it out then he should be able to take it. The annoying thing is that I automatically treat anything from him with suspicion, so he could well be a very factual article but because of his past record I ignore him. Numpty of the highest order,

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
mendoza10 said:
I think the chants are what he deserves

Is it me, or all the positive articles he writes about the club all involve lots of player and manager quotes, and all his job is to write he said, before it all

All the negative articles are when he is voicing his opinion and trying to use them as facts, and there will be no/very little quotes from someone at the club

Apparently the chants were picked up by the SCR team, so he must have heard them

So what if he did hear them, do you think hes bothered what the Dick Knight rent a sheep crowd think? Thankfully there are those of us that can pull our heads out of Dick Knights arse long enough to read an article with a balanced mind that dares to criticise the way things are happening at this club.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Albion Dan said:
So what if he did hear them, do you think hes bothered what the Dick Knight rent a sheep crowd think? Thankfully there are those of us that can pull our heads out of Dick Knights arse long enough to read an article with a balanced mind that dares to criticise the way things are happening at this club.

Now thats on the dancefloor!

Spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As Garth says on his own "me me me" version of this thread, Naylor is and always has been a balanced journalist. And personally, I think he's got a lot better with time.

His mistake was to fall out with Adams at a time when Micky Adams could do no wrong in the eyes of too many fans of the club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
mona said:
I can see the headline:

ROBOTIC SHEEP SAVAGE NAYLOR

"There's something about Mark McGhee," quipped Andy Naylor.
:lolol: :lolol: I believe that the Reuters style book has a great entry regarding use of the word "quipped" which reads something like: "QUIPPED - avoid. Is nearly always preceded by third-rate humour." Which would be about right for Naylor...

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:

Rent a sheep?

I like that.

I guess it is as ever a case of you pay your money you have your say and there is obviously a section of the crowd who are not happy with what Naylor is producing and some of could prove expensive to the club as he is peddling along the lines there are divisions and that is not overly helpful with the stadium issue about to come to the front again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't see that it's anything to do with the ''Dick Knight rent a sheep crowd '' at all. It's to do with a journalist who keeps banging on about his good friend McGhee MONTHS after he was sacked instead of concentrating on giving a balanced view on the current regime with a view to supporting the club (which at times might mean questioning certain things in the present). That, in a way, is his responsisbility. What good is it going to do to mention Mark McGhee and the sacking every time the team puts in a poor performance? NONE that's what, it's in the past. We've all moved on (well, apart from Gwubber and co), why can't he?

This is a young team of players and a young manager who will give their all to the club, even he knows that, so why not jsut give the McGhee stuff a rest and look for the real issues?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I can't see that it's anything to do with the ''Dick Knight rent a sheep crowd '' at all. It's to do with a journalist who keeps banging on about his good friend McGhee MONTHS after he was sacked instead of concentrating on giving a balanced view on the current regime with a view to supporting the club (which at times might mean questioning certain things in the present). That, in a way, is his responsisbility. What good is it going to do to mention Mark McGhee and the sacking every time the team puts in a poor performance? NONE that's what, it's in the past. We've all moved on (well, apart from Gwubber and co), why can't he?

This is a young team of players and a young manager who will give their all to the club, even he knows that, so why not jsut give the McGhee stuff a rest and look for the real issues?

That take on the matter is far too sensible.

Now get some name calling in there and a really polarised view and it will be fine...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here