Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor Chants

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I can't see that it's anything to do with the ''Dick Knight rent a sheep crowd '' at all. It's to do with a journalist who keeps banging on about his good friend McGhee MONTHS after he was sacked instead of concentrating on giving a balanced view on the current regime with a view to supporting the club (which at times might mean questioning certain things in the present). That, in a way, is his responsisbility. What good is it going to do to mention Mark McGhee and the sacking every time the team puts in a poor performance? NONE that's what, it's in the past. We've all moved on (well, apart from Gwubber and co), why can't he?

This is a young team of players and a young manager who will give their all to the club, even he knows that, so why not jsut give the McGhee stuff a rest and look for the real issues?

Tut tut. Considered, nouanced posts are not allowed Chappers, you know this.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
This is the one thing I hate about being an Albion fan and it surely is a bi-product of the Bellotti/Archer era.

We seem to have 500 or so Wolfie Smith's who always want to protest about something even if there's nothing really worth protesting about.

Why can't they just enjoy the product on the pitch, when it's there to be enjoyed, or support the team when they need our support.

If you don't like what Andy Naylor writes don't read it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh come on he mentions McGhee very briefly but the article was about far more than that, it was about how this club is being run across the board, is it really justification for anti Naylor chants at a football match? Like I sad, it sounded pathetic from where I was standing es[pecially with the team 3-0 up.

I think the Mcghee thing is a total side issue, the reason people are on Naylors back is that he critisiced DK.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Albion Dan said:
I think the Mcghee thing is a total side issue, the reason people are on Naylors back is that he critisiced DK.

Which would, er, appear to suggest that hundreds of people singing anti-Naylor songs support DK.

Unlike the Miserable Mafia on NSC!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Albion Dan said:
Oh come on he mentions McGhee very briefly but the article was about far more than that, it was about how this club is being run across the board, is it really justification for anti Naylor chants at a football match? Like I sad, it sounded pathetic from where I was standing es[pecially with the team 3-0 up.

thats crap, the DK story stirred a lot, but some of it is true
He always has to mention mcghee, even when we've one 4-1 with none of his signings
he did the article a month ago about if mcghee was still in charge
he always takes jibes at players, fans, board or whoever he feels should be targetted

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:

Personally it has nothing to do with critiscising Knight. Constructive criticism based on fact is a good thing and people find the facts and asking difficult questions is the reason we still have something resembling a club to support.

However it does seem at times in the Argus that the articles are using opinion and rumours and passing them off as fact to have a pop at the club.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Which would, er, appear to suggest that hundreds of people singing anti-Naylor songs support DK.

Unlike the Miserable Mafia on NSC!

There are plenty of people who would follow DK off Beachy Head if he said it was the right thing to do.

I think alot of people chanting hadnt even seen the article, I heard one guy behind me ask why they were chanting about Naylor and his mate said "oh he wrote an article critisicing the club" and the bloke joined in. Whats that all about?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Albion Dan said:
I think alot of people chanting hadnt even seen the article, I heard one guy behind me ask why they were chanting about Naylor and his mate said "oh he wrote an article critisicing the
club" and the bloke joined in. Whats that all about?
What's the problem with that? Am I missing something?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The blind leading the blind...

Sheep impression anyone!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
byf said:
The blind leading the blind...

Sheep impression anyone!

Believe or not but people are able to think for themselves and may have decided that they dont like Naylors reporting on the club. I think the current board are doing there best in a bad situation, yes they have made mistakes, but I believe they have the clubs best interest at heart.

Naylor is never constructive in his critisism. He clearly thinks that the board reacted to fan pressure to sack McGhee and now he wants to undermine them at every opportunity.

I agree that the press have to be free to report as they see it, but Naylor clearly does not like DK and does not think Wilkins is up to the job. I am amazed he doesnt say "Well my best buddy Marky McGhee wouldnt have done it like that, he would have dont it like this!"

The sooner the Argus get a sports writer in the better, perhaps they will report facts not rumours (thats what these message boards are for!) as currently they then slaughter the club for the rumours failing to happen!

Anyway as long as Naylor writes for the Argus I will not buy it.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Buck said:
So if everyone agreed with your opinions would they be sheep?

No peers they'd be right!

:lolol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Man of Harveys said:
What's the problem with that? Am I missing something?

He hadnt read the article at all but decided hed join in the Naylor is a wanker chants regardless. Lemming behaviour in anybodys book!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Albion Dan said:
He hadnt read the article at all but decided hed join in the Naylor is a wanker chants regardless. Lemming behaviour in anybodys book!

trouble is these days Dan, that is how the crowd mentality works.

My friend Mr Bens Grandad castigated me for something his mate reconed i said on the radio, when pointed out that I said nothing of the sort....his justification was..." Oh well my mate said you did"

Its the same with transfer rumous, team selection, etc etc.

Although many people despise Andy, I dont think he is that bad a reporter...I tend to agree with his match reports....where he goes off on a tangent about MM or Henderson I tend to skip over. life is far too short

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
mendoza10 said:
he just have to have his dig at the club in every article
even todays match report he still manages to fit in that Mark McGhee was sacked - WHY??

The O's gave a debut to former Norwich midfielder Phil Mulryne, who was briefly on trial with the Seagulls around the time that Mark McGhee was sacked

If thats what you are talking about im not too sure whats wrong with it being there?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Kinky Gerbils said:
The O's gave a debut to former Norwich midfielder Phil Mulryne, who was briefly on trial with the Seagulls around the time that Mark McGhee was sacked

If thats what you are talking about im not too sure whats wrong with it being there?

because there is no need to mention mcghee at all, especially that he got sacked, i am sure mcghee signed none of the team played last night.

he could have easily wrote "The O's gave a debut to former Norwich midfielder Phil Mulryne, who was briefly on trial with the Seagulls around the time that Crazy by Knarls Barkley was number one in the charts" pointless saying it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
mendoza10 said:
because there is no need to mention mcghee at all, especially that he got sacked, i am sure mcghee signed none of the team played last night.

he could have easily wrote "The O's gave a debut to former Norwich midfielder Phil Mulryne, who was briefly on trial with the Seagulls around the time that Crazy by Knarls Barkley was number one in the charts" pointless saying it

But people may (or in your case may not!) want to be reminded when he was at the club.

I'm confidently expecting to read Naylor's report on last night's game...

"Recent dismal performances by the Albion and a growing campaign against Knight and Wilkins meant that it was no surprise that Albion supporters greeted a shock 4-1 victory at Brisbane Road with complete silence.

"At no point in the game was it possible for anyone in the ground to hear any sound from the thousand or so travelling fans."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here