Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Grey sacked (Merged)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Disappointed in Richard Keys & Andy Gray. In this day and age women in football should be given more respect, especially the attractive ones.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
please please please someone find some audio of Richard Keys slagging off the Queen or something, just get rid

KEYS OUT

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
have no interest in those 'shocking' premier league games and do not pay to watch football on tv so do not have to see him much but from what it sounds like is a good decision !

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It looks like the right thing has happened, possibly for the wrong reasons (ie ratings). It seems clear to me Sky had realised he was a busted flush and needed replacing, with the show needing freshening up. And so they have happily knocked the ball into the various open goals he has left them. If he was considered indispensable, I doubt this December incident would ever have come to light. Let's face it, it had been hushed up this long.

franks brother

Sian is the lines woman who was unjustifiably criticised by Andy Gray and Richard Keys for not knowing the offside rule. Apparently she was supposed to have been an official at a game tonight and has voluntarily opted not to work. On the face of it, this seems like the wrong decision. She should walk out there, head held high and be proud.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sian is the lines woman who was unjustifiably criticised by Andy Gray and Richard Keys for not knowing the offside rule. Apparently she was supposed to have been an official at a game tonight and has voluntarily opted not to work. On the face of it, this seems like the wrong decision. She should walk out there, head held high and be proud.

You're right, this was a very big call and I agree they have got it wrong. I'm not sure it was her opting out either, looking at the statement my guess it was pressure from the Officials Board, and possibly even the two clubs. It sounds as if every photographer was booked in to cover this match, with all cameras trained on her. They have decided she had become the story, but a good official has lost a match for nothing. I'd have just let her do the match, to pull her out is patronising.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It looks like the right thing has happened, possibly for the wrong reasons (ie ratings). It seems clear to me Sky had realised he was a busted flush and needed replacing, with the show needing freshening up. And so they have happily knocked the ball into the various open goals he has left them. If he was considered indispensable, I doubt this December incident would ever have come to light. Let's face it, it had been hushed up this long.

Yes. It could be due to ratings and the need to freshen up. It could be because Gray's suing News International, so essentially his employer. More likely to be the ratings reason though...

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
A bit over the top really but good bye and good riddance, the blokes a prick and always has been.

Step forward - Robbie Savage...

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
How can you say good riddance? Andy Gray is one of the best pundits around and has great knowledge about the game.

Couldn't agree with you more mate, i don't understand why so many people seem to hate him! He needs everything there is to know about football.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
All a load of nonsence.

I think it was funny what Gray said about her & the offside rule.

But he should no better you cannot say anything about anyone these days.....Pc brigade gone mad.

No women should be running the line, end of!

I think it's about time you updated the first cuppla lines of your signature. This should do it:-

Stupid is the man
who talks shite in the counsel of the enlightened

:thumbsup:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great news. Maybe his reluctance to apologise was a key factor as well in Sky's decision to get rid of the Scottish twat.

I'm thinking of getting my sports channels back if they get a decent replacement.

One other thing. Enjoy your Burns night, Mr Gray! :laugh:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here