Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Grey sacked (Merged)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So I take it you missed the condescending tone in Keys voice? Or the way Keys refers to this Louise as "it" not her but "it"?

This was not in the pub with a group of mates though was it? This was in a TV studio in front of countless female employees by a 50 something so called professional.

:lolol: I can see that this has you wound up a little, maybe you should get some fresh air, take a walk with your Bull mastiff, and drag your knuckles round the park for a while!
No i didnt miss the tone in key's voice or the way he referred to her as "it" , get yourself down to a pub one friday night , you know the sort of place , big building with a sign outside saying kings head or suchlike , its a place where blokes go with their mates, you'll hear a lot of similar conversations, hasnt really wound me up, but your reverting to throwing around stereotypical "knuckledragger" accusations has made me smile. By the way , have you ever actually been to a live game ? The so called "tv studio" that you talk about wouldnt hold more than another 2 people than were already there , hardly "countless " female staff, if any.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

The latest video to emerge shows what a offensive tool Richard Keys really is.

An unprofessional but not offencive conversation. Same situation, Keys is in a studio. He should conduct him self propperly. But this is just men getting their tails up at a bird, not Keys saying that she can't officiate because of her gender which is out and out sexism.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is hardly a revelation this type of conversation goes on amongst us blokes. But most of us tend to know the time and place. And workplaces tend not to the place. Especially when you are the ones in positions of authority.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
big building with a sign outside saying kings head or suchlike

or even better one that used to be called The Kings Head, and is now called '@thekingshead' or something, with the writing on the expensively redesigned sign all in lower case.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think it's more about people seeing this as a perfect opportunity to rid Sky of someone (hopefully some-two) who is YEARS past his sell-by date. he never offers anything incisive anymore, and the lack of basic knowledge regarding the laws of the game is just embarrassing.

And he's (allegedly) getting £2 million a year! Presumably Sky will claim he was dismissed for breaking his contract terms and try to wriggle out of compo.

But then his successor will expect a similarly-ridiculous figure. I don't have Sky so I'm not subsidising his salary. But it makes me wonder what Lineker, Shearer et al are tucking away...:angry:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Female officials do have their benefits

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
And it's the sort of conversation most guys have on a regular basis with their mates. No big deal. It's not like women never talk about men (although probably not with expressions like "hanging out the back of her" :rolleyes:).

(Will still enjoy it if Keys gets sacked though)

I was only thinking about this subject the other day, at an antiques fair in Lewes as it happens, in the Town Hall. Whilst I was sitting down over a cup of tea talking to my (male) companion about the bargains we had both bought, all the women pairs sitting around were loudly talking about...men.

Or maybe they were trying to emphasise that they weren't lezzers.:rolleyes:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Even though, i dont condone what Gray & Keys have said, this all seems like a set-up to me, to get rid of them both, why have these clips been released now and not at the time they were filmed, why was Keys allowed to phone the lineswoman to apologize but Gray wasn't?
Isn't Andy Gray involved in legal action against news international over the phone hacking scandal?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder if Andy Gray, employee of Sky (owner: Rupert Murdoch) wasn't suing the News of the World (owner: Rupert Murdoch) for phone tapping whether this information would have been leaked all over the press?

It has overtones of Sky TV (owner: Rupert Murdoch) releasing Gordon Brown's 'Bigot' comments when he thought he was off microphone, and the next minute they are in The Sun (owner: Rupert Murdoch) , which just happened to the backing the Tories in the election.

Moral of the tale: Don't Diss the Digger.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
In the Guardian's article re: story, they have published a load of opinions from pro footballers and celebs.

A certain Leon Knight has tweeted,
"Most women don't understand the offside rule so he's just being real"

I'm not sure what's worse his quote or the fact that they feel he is actually worth quoting.

What did you make of that Bushy? I bet you spat out your granola with raisin bran at the breakfast table when you read todays GUARDIAN eh!!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
In the Guardian's article re: story, they have published a load of opinions from pro footballers and celebs.

A certain Leon Knight has tweeted,
"Most women don't understand the offside rule so he's just being real"

I'm not sure what's worse his quote or the fact that they feel he is actually worth quoting.

What did you make of that Bushy? I bet you spat out your granola with raisin bran at the breakfast table when you read todays GUARDIAN eh!!

If you don't follow football you're not going to know the rules are you, male or female.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here