Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Imagine the two Alans - Brazil and Partridge - presenting MNF in tandem. That would be TV Gold, nay "Liquid football". Coming to you live, from Carrow Road...

In the midst of a serious thread I thank the lord for some humour....:lolol:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So, they should be sacked for one daft conversation, which they were having in private, after how many years service? I'm sorry, I don't buy that. It's incredible to suggest they should lose their jobs over this. It's nothing, they've made outdated remarks and been recorded doing it, big woop. Get over it, it's not a massive disaster.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I just think there are an awful lot of hypocrites on this thread who are having a real go at Gray and Keys for doing what a large majority of men do when talking to other men. I.e. Take the piss out of women.

They weren't taking the piss, they were saying that women are not fit to do the job, which is completely different.

If I said professionally that female students were inferior to males because they have smaller brains or similar drivel I would (a) lose all professional respect and status, and (b) probably lose my job, and rightly so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So, they should be sacked for one daft conversation, which they were having in private, after how many years service? I'm sorry, I don't buy that. It's incredible to suggest they should lose their jobs over this. It's nothing, they've made outdated remarks and been recorded doing it, big woop. Get over it, it's not a massive disaster.

Exactly.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They weren't taking the piss, they were saying that women are not fit to do the job, which is completely different.

If I said professionally that female students were inferior to males because they have smaller brains or similar drivel I would (a) lose all professional respect and status, and (b) probably lose my job, and rightly so.

It's good to see at least one mod not soft-pedalling the behaviour of Gray and Keys :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Were you also an apologist for Ron Atkinson when he called Marcel Dessailly a lazy n*****?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If it was Micky Quinn or Paul Merson, two other sky sport pundits, who had made these comments, they would have been sacked immediately.

As it is Keys & Gray, two powerhouses of sky sports, they wont.

Just some more inequality to add to the debate.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Has anyone else seen the footage with Gray and the touchline reporter before the Wolves - Liverpool game? Still going on about the fact a woman is running the line! How can he carry on in his position? He can't. Same with Keys. Both have to go.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Putting aside the fact I hate Key's presenting and don't care much for AG's tactical reviews, I'd sack them both. They have been gorging at the Sky Pie since 1992 and should show more respect. f*** 'em I say.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

correct. these 'private conversations' show that he holds sexist views, which he therefore holds (whether he airs them or not) when he is doing his job. he is therefore unsuitable.

apart from this, he's also a shit pundit and a bit of an all-round cock.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

But because just this private conversation has come out, it doesn't mean that this isn't their normal behaviour. There is now foortage of Gray saying similar things in a touchline interview. Somebody will have leaked this and whilst we can speculate why they've done that, the question will be how entrenched are these views and if there is previous?

Fundamentally Sky are trying to change their demographic and this wont have helped that cause one bit. Kelly Dalglish, formerly of Sky, has commented on this herself and hasn't joined the 'it's all a one off incident' cause.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
There is now foortage of Gray saying similar things in a touchline interview. Somebody will have leaked this and whilst we can speculate why they've done that, the question will be how entrenched are these views and if there is previous?

that clip is cringeworthy. him, going "i wouldn't, i wouldn't". who the f*** would with you you big baldy ballsack?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can't see them wiggling out of it really , just shows how daft some of these so called experts are. gray can f*** off notb and commentate on sheep dog trials or haggis eating contests..!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

As El Pres has mentioned, in many businesses that type of blatant sexism is a sackable offence - more so if it tarnishes the company's image. Welcome to the real world Keys and Gray !!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That second clip is entertaining, when he says "no, I wouldn't, I definitely wouldn't", in relation to Sian Massey.

What, and you think she would with you, you ugly fat TOOL? :facepalm:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think Andy Gray and Richard Keys should be sacked after their ignorant, sexist comments on TV. Sky Sports should set an example and give their jobs to female presenters.
Preferably ones with really big tits.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I was at work and I got caught making remarks of this nature about, for example, black, or Asian, or disabled or gay people, whether it was intended to be a private conversation or not, I would end up in a massive amount of trouble over it. No question.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think Andy Gray and Richard Keys should be sacked after their ignorant, sexist comments on TV. Sky Sports should set an example and give their jobs to female presenters.
Preferably ones with really big tits.

Millie clode and Natalie Sawyer please.

With Charlotte Jackson on analysis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here