Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably been taken out of context.

How would this be taken out of context?

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Mr Gray, a former Scotland striker, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?’

Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: ‘The game’s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.’

It does remind me of their TV appearance.

[yt]ienZj9onV0Q[/yt]

To be fair to them... I was hard pressed to keep a straight face when I saw this the first time round.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Watched the Blackburn game and Andy Gray completed peed me off. West Brom player goes down on edge of box, replay indicates it was inside, and Gray just went on and bloody on, seemingly ignorant of the fact that no West Brom player, especially the guy who was bought down, made a song and dance about it. Only Andy Gray Officials have hard enough job without the likes of him

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How would this be taken out of context?

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Mr Gray, a former Scotland striker, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?’

Later in the exchange, Mr Keys said: ‘The game’s gone mad. Did you hear charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Do me a favour, love.’

Did they really say that in all seriousness or was it their idea of hilarious banter? :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, just listened to the recording: what a pair of absolute penises. I hope Sky kick their arses, although I'm sure the head honcho will mumble some pathetic excuse about the two of them not realising they were being recorded, as if that makes it OK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Take my words back after listening to it. Bunch of pricks. About time they got replaced with younger presenters anyway, like they do to Female presenters on the BBC lol

Of course, male officials get it right all the time dont they?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many times has Andy Gray displayed a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the rules of the game? How many times have we heard him crapping on about "the last man" or "clear daylight between them" when talking about professional fouls or offside? Neither of these terms are anywhere whatsoever in the FA rule book.

Why on earth should any official, let alone Sian Massey, have to put up with that kind of shit? The worst thing is, the spotlight will be far more on her for her next game than it ever would have been otherwise, and her every move will be critically analysed by the sort of morons who scrape their knuckles along the same part of the cave that Keys and Gray do.

I've never seen anyone blame Howard Webb's failure to send off the Dutch bloke in the World Cup final on his balding head, or a harsh red card by Uriah Rennie coming down to him being black, so what has Sian Massey's ability got to do with her gender?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
How many times has Andy Gray displayed a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the rules of the game? How many times have we heard him crapping on about "the last man" or "clear daylight between them" when talking about professional fouls or offside? Neither of these terms are anywhere whatsoever in the FA rule book.

Why on earth should any official, let alone Sian Massey, have to put up with that kind of shit? The worst thing is, the spotlight will be far more on her for her next game than it ever would have been otherwise, and her every move will be critically analysed by the sort of morons who scrape their knuckles along the same part of the cave that Keys and Gray do.

I've never seen anyone blame Howard Webb's failure to send off the Dutch bloke in the World Cup final on his balding head, or a harsh red card by Uriah Rennie coming down to him being black, so what has Sian Massey's ability got to do with her gender?

Totally agree, spot on

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Made me quite irrationally angry that has :angry: :tosser:

(I might go and do some ironing to calm down)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I try not to resort to base insults.

But they really are wankers. I don't expect everyone on here to agree, mainly because you're mostly blokes, but this is outrageously insulting, and they owe that woman, never mind the rest of us, a massive, grovelling apology.

Can you imagine them saying Asian people don't understand offside, or the Welsh, or disabled people? The referee in our game yesterday had a physical disability: I don't remember anyone questioning his judgement because of it (a few questioned his judgement, granted, but not on the basis of him being disabled).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here