Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
9 goals in 9 u-22 internationals is maybe the best guide to potential, more so than club form

Switzerland
From 2013, until 2020, Zeqiri has been part of Switzerland at youth international level, respectively has been part of the U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 teams and he with these teams played 53 matches and scored 23 goals.

Kosovo
On 17 June 2020, Zeqiri's father confirmed that he has obtained the Kosovan passport and he will started the process of completing the necessary documents, which would allow him to play for Kosovo immediately after the end of the September matches of Switzerland U21 against Slovakia U21.[6] On 30 August 2020, Agim Ademi, president of Football Federation of Kosovo confirmed that he was planned to be called up from Kosovo in october 2020 for UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Play-Offs against North Macedonia and for 2020–21 UEFA Nations League matches against Slovenia and Greece,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's only 5'11" tall.
He'll be relying on pace rather than being a target man.

61278DE0-AE52-4E67-805E-F4BC269E2CB0.png

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I like that he has a lot of assists to go along with his goals.

Would suggest he can hold the ball up and find a nifty pass in the last third.

Left footed, 6ft 1in (although unsure if he's good in the air). Seems physical, natural finisher and likes to dribble.

I know nothing of Swizz football but the lad seems to have admirers. One being Parma.

Andi Zeqiri Assists.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
9 goals in 9 u-22 internationals is maybe the best guide to potential, more so than club form

Switzerland
From 2013, until 2020, Zeqiri has been part of Switzerland at youth international level, respectively has been part of the U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 teams and he with these teams played 53 matches and scored 23 goals.

Kosovo
On 17 June 2020, Zeqiri's father confirmed that he has obtained the Kosovan passport and he will started the process of completing the necessary documents, which would allow him to play for Kosovo immediately after the end of the September matches of Switzerland U21 against Slovakia U21.[6] On 30 August 2020, Agim Ademi, president of Football Federation of Kosovo confirmed that he was planned to be called up from Kosovo in october 2020 for UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Play-Offs against North Macedonia and for 2020–21 UEFA Nations League matches against Slovenia and Greece,

If this turns out to be true then that is probably the first we will see of him.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
If he plays for Kosovo, yes, don't think we've had a Kosovan before. Swiss? Already had Molengo and I think Tolaj is Swiss too. Not as flair then.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This guy, Izquierdo back from injury, and maybe a season loan for Sessegnon and id be happy. Anything on top of that would be a bonus.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Like the stats but obviously a risk moving from minor league to Prem. At this stage, it is a risk that we must take. We need a target man. We need to control finances. Thus, this makes sense. Sign him up Tony et al [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This guy, Izquierdo back from injury, and maybe a season loan for Sessegnon and id be happy. Anything on top of that would be a bonus.

This. With bells on.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I like that he has a lot of assists to go along with his goals.

Would suggest he can hold the ball up and find a nifty pass in the last third.

Left footed, 6ft 1in (although unsure if he's good in the air). Seems physical, natural finisher and likes to dribble.

I know nothing of Swizz football but the lad seems to have admirers. One being Parma.

View attachment 128771
From his promo video he looks two footed and scored a couple with his head. He definitely knows where the goal is.

Only time will tell.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not a central striker/target man for sure.
Left sided. Very pacy. Should suit our style of play.
Think it’ll be a while before we see him start but offers something complementary rather than radically different.
For now at least he gives us a striker on the bench which we desperately need.
Anyone know whether there’s an isolation period to be served coming from Switzerland?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Only problem with this is if we have injuries to our usual front 2 then this bloke could be starting up front on his own against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. Even if he is half decent it's such a huge step up from the Swiss league to the Premier League.

I think if we do sign him we will see another striker signed before the end of the window and he will be 4th choice.

I think you are spot on HTP.

I’ve just got a feeling that we’re also going to get in an experienced old head to replace our ancient head (Murray) to do the sort of job he did on West Ham last season.

I think we’ll grab King or Deeney, I really do.

However, that’s going to take 3 weeks I think (considering the added Football League extension).

I’ll be concentrating on my main man Sessegnon once this Swiss Cheese is in the cellar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wouldn't it already be a bonus? ???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think you are spot on HTP.

I’ve just got a feeling that we’re also going to get in an experienced old head to replace our ancient head (Murray) to do the sort of job he did on West Ham last season.

I think we’ll grab King or Deeney, I really do.

However, that’s going to take 3 weeks I think (considering the added Football League extension).

I’ll be concentrating on my main man Sessegnon once this Swiss Cheese is in the cellar.

King!? Ledley!?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here