Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I wonder how long the Albion have been tracking this guy for?

The bottom line is we are taking a big gamble. Maupay gets a season ending injury and it's down to Connolly, Gyokeres and this guy to see us safe. Other than that I can't comment. He looks to have real ability from his highlight reel but if he is all that why haven't the top Swiss teams signed him?

Have you been told that this is the final signing we’re making them?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
10pm?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Zuc.png

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I support the moneyball approach under current circumstances - playing the long game seems like a good strategy And I trust the people involved - while you can't get everything right, I am sure know what they are doing.

But I really can't get my head around the step up from 2nd tier Swiss league to premier league. It seems impossible that can successfully be done in one jump.

Hoping to be pleasantly astonished when he starts smashing them in within weeks...
Likewise, I'm frankly a bit meh. Of course, I know the recruitment team and management know far more about football than I do, but still if this bloke sets the PL on fire I'd be very surprised. Agreeably surprised to be sure, but still very, very surprised.

Last season we had a great back five; this year, playing three at the back, we have a great back six - Ryan, Lamptey, White, Dunk, Webster and March. Add to that Bissouma and Alzate and we've got a back eight - with Veltman, Burn, Propper - and Molumby and Bernardo if they stay - for cover. That leaves three places up front for Maupay, Connolly, Trossard, Lallana, Mac Allister, Ali J, Gross, plus possibly Gyokeres and Andone (after Christmas).
Second division Swiss is suddenly looking a bit, well, meh ..........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have you been told that this is the final signing we’re making them?

I would be very surprised if we bought anyone else for a significant fee, or any more players on big wages.

The sale of Stephens for peanuts - especially on the back of the sudden Mooy departure and letting Murray go to Watford - signals the club is watching the pennies.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
fixtures

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I would be very surprised if we bought anyone else for a significant fee, or any more players on big wages.

The sale of Stephens for peanuts - especially on the back of the sudden Mooy departure and letting Murray go to Watford - signals the club is watching the pennies.

Or clearing the decks to make room. The wage bill must be about £200k less and we’ve spent about -£15m so far.
We had a centre back on £45k a week who wasn’t going to play, a striker on the same who wasn’t going to play.
They had to be moved on first.

Just because Barber says one thing doesn’t make it so. Klopp said he was happy with what he had and 3 days later they’d spent about £60m!!! We are not going to tell the world we’re prepared to spend money. Bloom isn’t going to announce a royal flush!!

We did bid £20m for the bloke who went to Benfica so money is there. Even if we buy this bloke from Switzerland it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we loaned him straight out to a top half team in the championship and then signed our real target.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Like the stats but obviously a risk moving from minor league to Prem. At this stage, it is a risk that we must take. We need a target man. We need to control finances. Thus, this makes sense. Sign him up Tony et al [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, bw2.

We need to control finances as you say.

No one knows if we'll need to repay any TV cash this year on top of what was refunded last year.

Better not to over reach financially for now. It could be clearer in the January window.

This looks like an excellent gamble and leaves perhaps a little left over to do another deal - maybe another striker or a LWB. Maybe loans.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
11pm?

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
1.2m followers

[tweet]1309553602403487745[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here