Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see Villa have flogged Ally Samatta to Fenerbahce losing £3m or so on the deal since we competed with them for his signature last season. Looked the business in Belgium. 2 goals & frankly crap here.
You never never know....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Andi Zeqiri ?

6ft 1, so about double height of our existing strikers And frees up the Swede to go out on loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
6ft 1, so about double height of our existing strikers And frees up the Swede to go out on loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too tall for a keeper.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I think everyone predicting that we'd bring in a totally unknown quantity and sign some random foreign wonderkid from an obscure division is about to be proved right. And the name's fairly flair, right?

Usually on potential signings I can gauge some idea of how good they'll be. On this one, I genuinely have no clue whatsoever. If he performs anything like he did in the Swiss second tier then we'll be on to something. But it is such a massive, massive step up on quality. But I guess that's where the judgement of the scouts comes in. Long shot, but does anyone know of any other Swiss second tier players who've made that sort of jump and gone on to great things?

Financially fairly low-risk if it doesn't work out, though...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think everyone predicting that we'd bring in a totally unknown quantity and sign some random foreign wonderkid from an obscure division is about to be proved right. And the name's fairly flair, right?

Usually on potential signings I can gauge some idea of how good they'll be. On this one, I genuinely have no clue whatsoever. If he performs anything like he did in the Swiss second tier then we'll be on to something. But it is such a massive, massive step up on quality. But I guess that's where the judgement of the scouts comes in. Long shot, but does anyone know of any other Swiss second tier players who've made that sort of jump and gone on to great things?

Financially fairly low-risk if it doesn't work out, though...

I would say, being realistic for a moment, he would offer us something different. Big and strong, something we lost when Murray went. Not a massive fee or wages I would think, so no massive risk. Young and plenty there to develop and coach. Probably can offer more than VG who I think needs regular game time for a whole season, which means really he needs to do the move to the Championship IMO.

Seems to make sense as someone who offers a different option, has impressed where he is, and is still young.

Now, let's get back to being unrealistic and over the top can we please.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This guy does seem like a bit of a punt, given that he is currently plying his trade in the Swiss 2nd tier, although one stat that seems interesting is that he scored 6 goals in 7 games for the Swiss U21s, and one game in particular he scored two against the French U21s.

Looking at the French U21 team that day, they had Dan-Axel Zagadou & Dayot Upamecano playing at centre back, who now play for Dortmund and RB Leipzig respectively and combined are probably worth at least £100 million - they also had Edouard upfront too!

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I would say, being realistic for a moment, he would offer us something different. Big and strong, something we lost when Murray went. Not a massive fee or wages I would think, so no massive risk. Young and plenty there to develop and coach. Probably can offer more than VG who I think needs regular game time for a whole season, which means really he needs to do the move to the Championship IMO.

Seems to make sense as someone who offers a different option, has impressed where he is, and is still young.

Now, let's get back to being unrealistic and over the top can we please.

I think this transfer is moneyball in it's most intense, purest form. It was obvious with the financial constraints this summer that we'd have to be a little bit clever, so I think a signing like this was always on the cards. I think you're right, he's definitely impressed, and bearing in mind that it's the highest level he's played at, you can only beat what's in front of you. From the highlights reel, he's quite similar to Nunez, tall-ish, very mobile and seemingly a lethal finisher. And he'll have all the right coaching and tools to develop here. As far as potential strikers go in term in terms of raw traits, he's everything I think we need and, as you correctly said, offers us something different and probably more than Gyokeres.

My real concern, I guess, is that given how much of the fanbase has been crying out for a striker, I worry fans will be looking for him to step up and fulfil that role as our new goal-getter right from the off, which, given the league he's come from and the potential learning curve (as seen with Mac Allister) is a lot of pressure!

Stumpy Tim

The real question mark is the standard he´s playing at. For example, how does it compare to the U23 league? Balogun has a similar record at that level and Arsenal are allegedly after £15m for him. Lamptey has stepped up from that level pretty well. Connolly has also really.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think this transfer is moneyball in it's most intense, purest form. It was obvious with the financial constraints this summer that we'd have to be a little bit clever, so I think a signing like this was always on the cards. I think you're right, he's definitely impressed, and bearing in mind that it's the highest level he's played at, you can only beat what's in front of you. From the highlights reel, he's quite similar to Nunez, tall-ish, very mobile and seemingly a lethal finisher. And he'll have all the right coaching and tools to develop here. As far as potential strikers go in term in terms of raw traits, he's everything I think we need and, as you correctly said, offers us something different and probably more than Gyokeres.

My real concern, I guess, is that given how much of the fanbase has been crying out for a striker, I worry fans will be looking for him to step up and fulfil that role as our new goal-getter right from the off, which, given the league he's come from and the potential learning curve (as seen with Mac Allister) is a lot of pressure!

I don't think thats fair on our fanbase, we are not deluded like our northern chums from Yorkshire, for example assuming he signs and obviously takes the place of our Swedish international striker, i ONLY expect the one hat-trick from him against Man Utd on Thursday. :thumbsup: :albion2:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Confirmed?

4 year deal (+1 year option)

€5.4 million

[tweet]1309545508709502976[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This journalist has 1.5m Instagram followers and is used by the Guardian, so quite possibly not one of the many internet transfer liars.

6401FA06-4EA6-4C6A-BD46-AAD1D29E25A9.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here