Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not if he’s in Italy having talks with Palma?

Just a thought....seeing as using Brighton name is all the rage this summer for agents trying to get deals done.

Parma are pissing about or lowballing in negotiations, players agent contacts a few kosovan press friends and leaks Brighton are sending private jet to get him, simply to put pressure on Parma.

Sounds more plausible than us really going to get him and it being broadcast like this.

This was 22 hours ago. (Are we being played/used)?

[tweet]1309128089528606720[/tweet]

What odds on him signing for Parma in next 24/48 hours.

Last edited:

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Just a thought

If he’s here currently playing for cheese in Switzerland but then he was looking to move to Parma for the ham, but then we out bid them which means he’s coming here for the bread, should we call him the Croque Monsiuer?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just a thought....seeing as using Brighton name is all the rage this summer for agents trying to get deals done.

Parma are pissing about or lowballing in negotiations, players agent contacts a few kosovan press friends and leaks Brighton are sending private jet to get him, simply to put pressure on Parma.

Sounds more plausible than us really going to get him and it being broadcast like this.

This was 22 hours ago. (Are we being played/used)?

[tweet]1309128089528606720[/tweet]

What odds on him signing for Parma in next 24/48 hours.
Could be.

We are the go-to club for agents to link with for strikers.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just a thought

If he’s here currently playing for cheese in Switzerland but then he was looking to move to Parma for the ham, but then we out bid them which means he’s coming here for the bread, should we call him the Croque Monsiuer?

This rumour is heating up now - it's getting a bit Toasty!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Andi Zeqiri ?

[tweet]1309440923881943041[/tweet]

On a serious note, this doesn’t ring true to me. At least the bit about GP.

“Potter wants him immediately in the first team”

Really? After the incredible start to the season we’ve had? Maupay getting 2 goals in his last game? Aaron on the scoresheet? AJ firing in worldies again?

I don’t know, it doesn’t strike me as something Potter would say.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

Really? After the incredible start to the season we’ve had? Maupay getting 2 goals in his last game? Aaron on the scoresheet? AJ firing in worldies again?

Whether that's what he actually said in those precise terms or not I'm not sure. Could easily be a case of Chinese whispers.

However what I am sure of is that the club would definitely be talking to him, making assurances about game time and his ability to develop his career here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall

Probably lost in translation mate

Everything’s coming out of Kosovo at the moment

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

ofc you're right. It's agent talk. He'll sign for Parma imminently

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Probably lost in translation mate

Everything’s coming out of Kosovo at the moment

So is there ANY reliable source saying we are at least interested in this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

Could just mean straight into 1st team squad rather than U23s

Just a thought

As long as he doesn't then become the crocked monsieur...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So is there ANY reliable source saying we are at least interested in this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the same alleged Kosovan sports journo is the source of all these updates, all from his Twitter.

He said, we'd bid for him, he then said agent was going to Parma to finalise, he said 24 hours ago, agent was in Parma though nothing finalised, he then said this morning, we are sending Private jet and Potter wants him for first team...... All very Darwin Nunez again.

I'd think it's more likely agent is using this press connection, by leaking crap and we're nothing more than a pawn to up his Parma wages and pressure them into action.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
it doesn’t strike me as something Potter would say.

It damn well is not something he would say, he is very candid in interviews especially involving transfers.
Only Wednesday night when asked about Dale, he said he still our player (obviously he was at the time) but he gave nothing away, he just batted the question away.

We seem to be a good leverage stick for agents at the moment, maybe a sign of the times, who would have thunk it 5 or 20 years ago to be mentioned in the same sentence as Napoli never mind linked with the same player.

Rather than get annoyed by it, I embrace this new found fame, it is all rather refreshing and extremely pleasant, almost payback for the shit years standing at Priestfield in the rain.

EastWarren

Jan 24, 2015
Brighton
Andi Zequiri

Any truth to this from an apparently legit sports journo in Kosovo, that we have sent a private jet to poach young striker Andi Zeqiri from Lausanne?

10acaf9e730aa9d36396ba2d37b04f75.jpg

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
sA tweet has just come from an Indonesian account that google is struggling to translate but it reads along the lines of Zeqiri keeps upping his demands to Palma who have now said take it or leave it and his agent has started chucking our name about in response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here