Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Argyle view

I sometimes wonder about comments like this.

'prat in a bobble hat' will shout at someone to sit down? Do grow up. If you want to make some noise-make some noise ffs. You are allowed. Just for the record, I sit in Block E and have never heard anybody tell somebody else to sit down when there is some excitement on the pitch and the atmosphere is getting noisy so I don't know where this myth comes from.

Well i am also in E block (ip the back0 and we are ALWAYS asking (not telling, that's the job of the steward) to sit down, because as the move develops and we sweep towards goal, more and more rowns of people stand up and by the time we are forced to (so we can see) the move has either ended or we have scored. and we have invariably missed the important bit of action.

and i am not in favour of letting kids stand on seats to see, it makes them aboyt 6 foot 8

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well i am also in E block (ip the back0 and we are ALWAYS asking (not telling, that's the job of the steward) to sit down, because as the move develops and we sweep towards goal, more and more rowns of people stand up and by the time we are forced to (so we can see) the move has either ended or we have scored. and we have invariably missed the important bit of action.

Life must be one hard slog for you. I mean, fancy people standing when a sweeping move develops and it gets exciting. I'd call 999 next time if I were you.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

and i am not in favour of letting kids stand on seats to see, it makes them aboyt 6 foot 8

Good lord.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
given some are monaing about kids coming and making crass remarks!!!! Half of the south stand seem to make these. So why single out the children. OK I am bit touchy. I take my 7 year old (Block E) and he loves to shout and often just bemoans the ref for their useless decisions (well in his mind) and I know he has annoyed a few people around him during the season because he makes too much noise. I have often told him could he be quiet, as those around him would rather watch the game in quiet and politely applaud when ones team scores a jolly fine goal. Very much like those jolly fine supporters of cricket when a batsman middles one for four.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Considering our league position and the fact we were easily winning the game, our support was abysmal. It's alright taking the piss when we play away but where are those fans at home? Just think of the FCUM fans in the away end and weep.

I do agree - I think the withdean factor has well and truely kicked in the last few yrs and everyone's just had enough. I just hope everyone gets out of that frame of mind at Falmer as no excuses then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know that this is not the party line, BUT last night I was bored to tears at time ( and to be honest the same at the hartlepool game), yes we are top of the league, destroying many teams in the process and play some really good stuff at times, however exciting football is not something that we have regularilyseen this season....good accurate EFFICIENT football, Yes. that is why it was like a morgue last night. we scored two goals and everyone knew it was game over....At 3-0 i was hoping that we would up our game and really go for them, BUT that is not Gus' way...its more kill the game , flick it about at the back and play nice triangles between the defence.

as I said, it is brilliant that we are top and results go our way almost every week. we have destroyed teams who have come here and know how to kill a game.

But tippy tappy passing it between el abd/greer/ankeran is not going to get the crowd going...where ever we play

And you got some stick from me when the mighty DAGGERS equalised :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I know that this is not the party line, BUT last night I was bored to tears at time ( and to be honest the same at the hartlepool game), yes we are top of the league, destroying many teams in the process and play some really good stuff at times, however exciting football is not something that we have regularilyseen this season....good accurate EFFICIENT football, Yes. that is why it was like a morgue last night. we scored two goals and everyone knew it was game over....At 3-0 i was hoping that we would up our game and really go for them, BUT that is not Gus' way...its more kill the game , flick it about at the back and play nice triangles between the defence.

as I said, it is brilliant that we are top and results go our way almost every week. we have destroyed teams who have come here and know how to kill a game.

But tippy tappy passing it between el abd/greer/ankeran is not going to get the crowd going...where ever we play

It is interesting the contrasting views people have. I agree it wasn't too exciting last night. This is part of the reason I am beginning to think we will go up. A 4-0 win, even against a team who are struggling, is now regarded as what we expect. Last year, any home win was a great result. Last night I don't think we went above second gear but still comfortably won.

However, I disagree with you about Hartlepool and the season as a whole. I think we have seen some of the most exciting football in my 20 years of watching this year. The Hartlepool game, for the first hour, was fantastic and I thought we played really well until cruising the last half hour. Sadly, like it or not, with all the games we have coming up it will be a big help to have games like last night as we won't be too tired for Saturday whereas MK had a home draw with Oldham, which was probably better contested.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Life must be one hard slog for you. I mean, fancy people standing when a sweeping move develops and it gets exciting. I'd call 999 next time if I were you.

Sit down-shut up. Going to MK?

May 12, 2009
given some are monaing about kids coming and making crass remarks!!!! Half of the south stand seem to make these. So why single out the children.

This.

My 10 year old was certainly disappointed with the atmosphere last night and tried his best to get some chanting going.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Seem like a nice bunch of Fans and seem to have a good sense of humour and take all this bad times for them very well, i really hope that they get out of trouble and see us at Falmer next year, as i saw they mentioned quiet support by us, as always it is as Withdean is so hard to make any atmosphere bar the 30 that sing 2gether then change songs when others join in.
Our away support vocalness is what hoping Falmer be like but like someone pointed out its miles better at withdean than going to Gillingham gee that was bad times.
Come on Plymouth get out of trouble, and thanks for comments on our club, see you think we a big and well run club and you seem to like our fans as well.
Good stuff

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Last night I thought the main reason the atmosphere was down was Plymouth's predicament. We were very clinical in destroying a team whose morale must be at rock bottom. The PA announcements brought home the reality of what Plymouth is facing. I certainly did not feel like wildly celebrating particulary as so many Plymouth fans had made the trip on a Tuesday evening. I wish Plymouth well and hope they survive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last night I thought the main reason the atmosphere was down was Plymouth's predicament. We were very clinical in destroying a team whose morale must be at rock bottom. The PA announcements brought home the reality of what Plymouth is facing. I certainly did not feel like wildly celebrating particulary as so many Plymouth fans had made the trip on a Tuesday evening. I wish Plymouth well and hope they survive.

I agree, a chap behind me was bemoaning the fact we should be pushing for a least another couple of goals. I asked him why, we were winning comfortably, our goal difference is so good we do not need to run around more than necessary, added to which I would have taken no pleasure in seeing such a sad bunch of players (who now have not been paid for 2 months) and fans even more down trodden.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst like every message board you get people that are painfully bias and completely twatish (our own beloved board included) I found this part of X Isle's comment on page 2 really nice and its comments like these that make me proud to be an albion fan. Let the love in commence.

:) X Isle lives in Sussex and is a work colleague of mine, as well as being a good friend I should add...apart from being a dyed in the wool Argyle nut, he is completely sane and a top man. I got him drunk enough last night to numb the pain that their week has caused him.

Incidentally, as a few of their fans has mentioned (yes, Argyle, we KNOW) the crap-ness of the view from Withdean, check out the audio recording of the third goal from their local radio station. I guess it must be BBC Radio Devon & Cornwall. Now I know mix ups do happen, but the commentator spends nearly a minute discussing Elliott Bennett's excellent goal....is it really so bad that people can't tell Bennett and Glenn Murray apart? :ohmy:

Greens on Screen Match Page

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:) X Isle lives in Sussex and is a work colleague of mine, as well as being a good friend I should add...apart from being a dyed in the wool Argyle nut, he is completely sane and a top man. I got him drunk enough last night to numb the pain that their week has caused him.

Incidentally, as a few of their fans has mentioned (yes, Argyle, we KNOW) the crap-ness of the view from Withdean, check out the audio recording of the third goal from their local radio station. I guess it must be BBC Radio Devon & Cornwall. Now I know mix ups do happen, but the commentator spends nearly a minute discussing Elliott Bennett's excellent goal....is it really so bad that people can't tell Bennett and Glenn Murray apart? :ohmy:

Greens on Screen Match Page
elliott-bennett_1875799.jpg
glenn-murray_4230267.jpg

I sometimes struggle, they are very similar.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here