Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Argyle view

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plymouth Argyle Football Supporters - PASOTI - View topic - Just back..

Don't know where to start really- I thought we did well for the first 25 minutes, but once Brighton scored it took the wind out of our sails. Maybe Button could have done better with the 2nd but Wood should have been closed down quicker.

As soon as the 3rd went in pretty much everyone lost interest, even the home fans whose 'support' was shocking throughout. The 4th was just the final t**d on the compost heap.

Can't fault the players for effort, the quality just isn't there and the confidence is non-existant. We tried to play a passing game at times but the creativity just isn't there.

Button made two good saves early on, the midfield was busy- I thought Clark had a reasonable game. Mason worked hard all game with little reward. Don't think anyone had a shocker but others may see it differently.

Disappointed but didn't really expect much else- Brighton were ok but 4-0 flattered them.

Sounds like he needs a pint.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Don't know where to start really- I thought we did well for the first 25 minutes, but once Brighton scored it took the wind out of our sails. Maybe Button could have done better with the 2nd but Wood should have been closed down quicker.

As soon as the 3rd went in pretty much everyone lost interest, even the home fans whose 'support' was shocking throughout. The 4th was just the final t**d on the compost heap.

Can't fault the players for effort, the quality just isn't there and the confidence is non-existant. We tried to play a passing game at times but the creativity just isn't there.

Button made two good saves early on, the midfield was busy- I thought Clark had a reasonable game. Mason worked hard all game with little reward. Don't think anyone had a shocker but others may see it differently.

Disappointed but didn't really expect much else- Brighton were ok but 4-0 flattered them.

I think he needs a reality check more than a pint! 4-0 flattered us?!! It should have been 6 or 7 in their net.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I do sometimes wonder about our fans, we can make an atmosphere at Withdean, but as soon as one is created some prat in a bobble hat will shout at someone to sit down, and so on. Its a shame really, because Ive got a feeling Falmer will be the same.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Considering our league position and the fact we were easily winning the game, our support was abysmal. It's alright taking the piss when we play away but where are those fans at home? Just think of the FCUM fans in the away end and weep.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
'Brighton were ok but 4-0 flattered them'

Sorry - I know they're having a horrible time at the moment and we owe a lot to Mr Vaughan but . . . .

DO. ME. A. FAVOUR.

We ran rings around them and had at least three one on ones that could've seen us going in 7 or 8 nil!

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
**News flash** No atmosphere at Withdean shock!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Que?

If we hadnt taken our foot of tha gas after the 3rd I dread to think what the score would have been. I think 4-0 flattered them

Why would you have dreaded it? I would have loved it!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
**News flash** No atmosphere at Withdean shock!

We have proved before that an atmosphere can be created, H block make an atmosphere, bit of a racket, and as soon as they do, the plebs on here come and complain about them.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Our home support/ atmosphere has to be one of the worst in the division.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We missed four absolute sitters. At least two more would have been a fairer reflection. They were gash, not surprisingly when you consider their player of the season was sitting on our bench for an hour.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I do sometimes wonder about our fans, we can make an atmosphere at Withdean, but as soon as one is created some prat in a bobble hat will shout at someone to sit down, and so on. Its a shame really, because Ive got a feeling Falmer will be the same.

It will be.
But its about a change in culture. It'll happen slowly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We've played better, but we crushed them. We were more than ok, and if 4-0 flattered anyone it was them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
When the 3rd went in so early on in the second half we eased up (understandable when you consider the next 7 or 8 weeks), and we played keep ball, I'd say 4-0 was about right.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Deadest I've ever heard withdean tonight. There were times when it was actually silent, nobody was even talking.

I don't care anymore, I'm just counting the days 'til I'm back on the northstand.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

I'm very impressed at such a detailed account from someone sat so many miles away!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That fan lives in Burgess Hill, that's why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here